Anybody use Sling TV?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we got Sling TV a while back and while its generally worked pretty well, ESPN never works right. It is the only channel that sits there and is crazy choppy. I can watch any other channel without issue but ESPN is always buggy. If I back out of the channel and go back to it, it clears up for a bit but then back to the terrible quality. Any ideas?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we got Sling TV a while back and while its generally worked pretty well, ESPN never works right. It is the only channel that sits there and is crazy choppy. I can watch any other channel without issue but ESPN is always buggy. If I back out of the channel and go back to it, it clears up for a bit but then back to the terrible quality. Any ideas?

Pretty much the same problem here except it's across most of the channels. I think they lack the bandwidth to properly stream their content.
We play it on a roku. We also have amazon and Netflix, and the only problems we have is with sling.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We use a Fire Stick. I just cleared all cache and deleted unused apps and turned it back to ESPN and within 2 minutes its chopping. Turn on another random channel (Lifetime in this instance) and no issue. Pretty frustrating.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Roku Streaming Stick and DirecTV Now. I don't usually watch ESPN so I've turned it on now...

It's been at least five minutes and the streaming is rock solid. BTW, I have Cox high speed internet at 100 Mb/s.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I did sling for a while and ended up dropping it and turning on cable for football season. May drop it after the season is over but we'll see. Cox has no contract options that are pretty decently priced. $30 more than I was paying for internet alone.

I think the problem with sling is that they are getting too big for their bandwidth. I was an early adopter and it always worked great. I noticed that it started getting suckier and thought it was my internet and then a buddy of mine started having the same problem. Not sure they have the infrastructure of say a Netflix and they are working both ends simultaneously (uploading and downloading) I think it's getting so popular that it is having trouble with so many users clogging the system.... that's just my theory.

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We`ve been using Sling for about 4 months now and really like it, especially the savings vs our Dish package. We recently added Hulu, between the two we can find something to watch.

acope

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only ESPN I watch is OK State Football. I have not experienced any issues. Using Sling on an Apple TV 4 and Cox Internet 100.

Latest posts

Top Bottom