Anyone Bidding on the David Gilmour Guitar Collection Today ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I posted this a little late but, anyone a Pink Floyd or Gilmour fan that wants to own one of his guitars ? The famous "Black Strat" is expected to bring at least 150K. There are 6 string,12 string,steel, 4 and 5 string bass guitars, and banjos. I think there are 127 items on the block for bid. It starts this morning at 9 AM on Christie's webpage.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's amazing. I watched a video where he said "there's nothing special about an instrument until it's put in the hands of the artist. It's time for these to move on and find another home." He's 90% of the reason I play Strats, Jimi is the rest. I can play Comfortably Numb and actually watch my blood pressure drop in real time. An absolutely amazing artist!

David2.jpeg

David.jpeg

Last edited:

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had registered to bid. I saw a few guitars listed for $300 to $400. I thought well they will go a little higher. So I entered a ceiling of $2500 on my bidding. I don't think a single guitar went for less than 15K. There was a case listed for 1K. It turned out to be the case that Black Strat was shipped around in. The case started at 20K and sold for I think it was 130K. I think Christies weeds out the poor boys like me from bidding anyway. Not that I had enough play money for anything. But after 2 hours trying to get where I could bid, I got a pop up window that said that their site was overloaded and couldn't take anymore bidders. Someone in Ok. did bid 40K on one of the guitars. I don't think they won the bid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom