Anyone care to explain….

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're called 'Bugs'
'cuz they 'Bug Ya'.
But I still find the Li'l Buggers interesting-
We're all part of Nature, & we all have our intended purposes-
....(at least until freaks like Bill Gates get involved).

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, except for cats... :rollingla
I hadn't had a cat for many decades...until one who acts like a DOG followed me home.
She guards the house & yard, conducts all of her 'business' outside (not in a stupid 'box'), & likes to take walks.
Admittedly 'Un-Natural' for cat- but she's pretty cool. Never goes into 'heat', & has the craziest colors, stripes, & spots- sort of a tri-colored calico/tabby looking thing- with a diamond nose, a ringed tail, & a ridge down her back. She likes to sleep belly up, & stretches & rolls around a lot like a dog.
Pretty polite, very healthy, & clean too.
My 'real' dog is now ancient (deaf & blind)- but the cat kind of keeps tabs (tabbies?) on her, & will come to get me if the dog gets hurt...like a good fellow dog should.
But I don't have much use for a 'traditional' type cat ;-/
She basically stays out of trouble & is not all that fond of 'other' cats...especially kittens.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here’s one eating a wasp of some sort, and another one being lunch for a jumping spider.

Attachments

• 381000DB-D3B6-4803-815B-E315356831CC.jpeg
    381000DB-D3B6-4803-815B-E315356831CC.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 18EF1B34-AD95-43E8-9938-631672A477E1.jpeg
    18EF1B34-AD95-43E8-9938-631672A477E1.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 0

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hadn't had a cat for many decades...until one who acts like a DOG followed me home.
She guards the house & yard, conducts all of her 'business' outside (not in a stupid 'box'), & likes to take walks.
Admittedly 'Un-Natural' for cat- but she's pretty cool. Never goes into 'heat', & has the craziest colors, stripes, & spots- sort of a tri-colored calico/tabby looking thing- with a diamond nose, a ringed tail, & a ridge down her back. She likes to sleep belly up, & stretches & rolls around a lot like a dog.
My 'real' dog is now ancient (deaf & blind)- but the cat kind of keeps tabs (tabbies?) on her, & will come to get me if the dog gets hurt...like a good fellow dog should.
She basically stays out of trouble & is not all that fond of 'other' cats...especially kittens.
Kill it! Kill it now before it decides it identifies as a dog!

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just had one of these bastards fly right past my nose. He crash landed a little ways away. I didn’t know what it was but it was big and funny shaped. I walked over to get a better look and stomp on it when I realized what it was; and what it had. It was carrying a red wasp that was trying desperately to escape. It was fruitless on the wasp’s part. I watched until the bitter end, and left our hero to enjoy his lunch.

If these things prey on red wasps, they’re welcome at my fire anytime.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just finished supper and stepped out on the front porch....I'm a glutton for punishment I guess (110°). I interrupted this guy having his....
View attachment 288022

It looked exactly like this one does.

I didn’t see your post before I posted.

They’re welcome here if they eat wasps. I’ve still got a spot on my abdomen where a red wasp hit me while I was weed eating last summer. Hit me thru my T-shirt. For about 2 seconds I thought I’d lit my shirt on fire with the muffler. Good grief those things hurt like fire.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I had a smoke blue stray that adopted me and she was like that. More like a dog. Slept with the little dog and played chase with her too. Would come when I called her and would sit for a treat.

She was pretty fond of spending nights outside and leaving dead stuff on the back door step. Alas, I walked out one morning to find a dead rabbit on the stoop, but no kitty. I never saw her again, but she was one cool cat, and I’m not really a cat guy.
D0774A65-9AE9-4D39-A561-9B0A30B3F0E0.jpeg

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a smoke blue stray that adopted me and she was like that. More like a dog. Slept with the little dog and played chase with her too. Would come when I called her and would sit for a treat.

She was pretty fond of spending nights outside and leaving dead stuff on the back door step. Alas, I walked out one morning to find a dead rabbit on the stoop, but no kitty. I never saw her again, but she was one cool cat, and I’m not really a cat guy. View attachment 288137
Russian Blue got one that's 13 she's a good girl.

Latest posts

Top Bottom