Anyone carry a back up gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on where I'm at, and the time of year. In the summer with shorts I carry in the pocket.
In the fall/winter I carry a bigger gun and a pocket gun for a BUG.

ParkingLot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on where I'm at, and the time of year. In the summer with shorts I carry in the pocket.
In the fall/winter I carry a bigger gun and a pocket gun for a BUG.

That's kinda what I'm planning on. I'll probably even OC my G23 when I'm working late at night in the summer since I'm the only one around.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not when just out running around local, even late at night around Tulsa. My dress is too casual to be able to carry two plus I feel that my main carry Ive carried 12 years or so now and shoot the most at the range is enough as long as I have extra loaded mags with me, guess I have a lot of trust in it. I used to take along a revolver but it got to be too much. When Im gone out on the road tho I always take along my alternate carry that used to be my primary, but I dont carry it, its in the truck while Im driving then I carry it inside and it stays in my duffle wherever Im staying when away from home.

ParkingLot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would prefer to CC but chaining down and unchaining cars from my truck involves a lot of reaching above my head so I'm probably going to show at some point. Might as well be comfortable with my OWB on.

My plan is to carry my G23 tlr1 on my stong side OWB and a LCR in a pocket holster or ankle holster on my weak side when I'm working late at night. If I'm just out with my family or just running around town I'll either pocket carry the LCR or I got a crossbreed supertuck on the way for the G23 and I'll take the light off.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always a revolver and a semi. I like to mix it up a little, but these days my goto is a Bulldog, and my BUG is a Makarov. That combo may not sound real hotshit, but it is.

drew

Marksman
Reaction score
Only when I'm traveling or when I know I'm going to a less than desirable area. XDS and an extra mag make for enough weight and fault tolerance most of the time. I toss a DB9 in my pocket if I feel like I might need something extra. If I'm traveling, I'll have my 1911 or something in a bag and something in the door pocket but that's about it.

marshrat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Truthfully, the solution for lack of confidence in a primary carry is a new or rectified primary, not a BUG.

I agree with this. I have carried BUGs, but I just don't care for the added weight or mags or anything like that. IF I were to go back to a BUG, I would go with a small revolver. I typically carry two mags for my EDC, and I feel that I'm OK with that. If I travel, I have one on me and one in the vehicle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom