Anyone else addicted to flashlights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My collection is growing steadily.

I got my new 4Sevens Quark 123² Tactical with a warm white LED today and I'm loving it. :hyper: Almost the same tint as a SureFire incandescent 6P, maybe a little more on the rosey side. I'll try to get some pictures.

I got a 4Sevens Quark 123² Turbo (S2) last week to replace my Olight as a thrower. Its tint is a little too green when compared to my others, but is actually a little on the warm side when you're not comparing it to anything.

Love these 4Sevens and their moonlight modes.

Anyone else on here an addict?

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do like flashlights I bought some cheap tactical chinese flashlights that were sold at Lowes. However I have a surefire 6p but those are expensive for my taste since I am not law enforcement. Any cheap good lights out there?

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do like flashlights I bought some cheap tactical chinese flashlights that were sold at Lowes. However I have a surefire 6p but those are expensive for my taste since I am not law enforcement. Any cheap good lights out there?

I have a thing against SureFires. Not because they're not amazingly versatile and reliable—they are fantastic lights that last a lifetime. They've been slow to adapt to changing times, and when they did start catching up, their offerings were meeting the new competition in the market (4Sevens, Fenix, Olight, etc.). It took them too long to stick LEDs in their lights, and when they finally did the outputs were below the competition's. I feel the same way with Maglite.

Still, those two companies produce exceptional lights.

I'd look into 4Sevens, Olight, Fenix, and Nitecore for a more affordable option. Those are all great brands and all have a wide variety of lights.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, got the disease, big time. I just sold three, and still have a Brinkman LED in each car, a Terralux by the door in the house, two Fenix AA lights here and there, a Bushnell HD and a Pentagon LED on my desk. For defense roles, I have a Surefire E2D LED Defender, a Centurion 2C, two X300's and a 600A Scout Light. Oh, and there's a bigass 4-D cell Maglight next to the bed, just in case I gotta whack someone! :)

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got several iTP's. A couple of the TerraLux 2 AA models. Several of the cheaper Element LED tactical lights from Sam's, a big HID flashlight that is like 6500 lumens. And I also have a Malkof device for my mag light.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a thing against SureFires. Not because they're not amazingly versatile and reliable—they are fantastic lights that last a lifetime. They've been slow to adapt to changing times, and when they did start catching up, their offerings were meeting the new competition in the market (4Sevens, Fenix, Olight, etc.). It took them too long to stick LEDs in their lights, and when they finally did the outputs were below the competition's. I feel the same way with Maglite.

I'd look into 4Sevens, Olight, Fenix, and Nitecore for a more affordable option. Those are all great brands and all have a wide variety of lights.

Another addict here! :rolleyes2

But unlike many others, Surefire is the only brand I use. Call it company loyalty if you want, but the customer service at Surefire is absolutely 2nd to none!

Here's an example. I bought a Surefire G2 or 6P...I can't remember which...from a member here. When it arrived, it had some kind of gaudy company logo on the head of it. I tried to just scratch it off, but it wouldn't budge. I called up the good folks at SF and told them about it. Viola'! They sent me a brand new bezel FREE OF CHARGE! :woohoo1:

Yep! Surefire is my brand! :thumb:

I also have a tale about my Streamlight SL-20 taking a **** on me in the middle of a manhunt, but that's another story. :blahblah:

If any of you guys think you are a hardcore flashlight junkie, step on over to www.candlepowerforums.com and humble yourselves. Those guys are insane! :screwy:

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that's so not true... Surefire was and is always the innovator for flashlights. Surefire was one of the first companies to offer LED (Luxeon) in flashlights.

Arc LS First Run was world's first Luxeon flashlight. Surefire followed closely afterwards. Chinese companies like Fenix and 4sevens followed many years later.
companies like Arc and Surefire were the true innovators.

Surefire has worlds largest R&D for flashlights and it shows.
long time flasholic here from candlepower forum days... started with 4sevens on CPF...

Fenix was the first chinese company to offer a quality flashlight.
here's a picture of that first offering in stainless ... single AA light driving a Luxeon.... they claimed 500, but closer to 75 was accounted for. a major reason for Fenix's success was due to technology transfer from CPF...

4sevens really helped with early development at Fenix. He was Fenix's first distributor and later came out with his own line. But Candlepower Forums was and still is the mother ship for flashlight technologies.

two super rare Fenix L1+ Stainless
ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_l1_.JPG

L1+ with custom kydex holster made by another cpf from Germany
ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_l1_kydex.JPG

A few Arc Flashlights...
ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_arc.JPG

I have a thing against SureFires. Not because they're not amazingly versatile and reliable-they are fantastic lights that last a lifetime. They've been slow to adapt to changing times, and when they did start catching up, their offerings were meeting the new competition in the market (4Sevens, Fenix, Olight, etc.). It took them too long to stick LEDs in their lights, and when they finally did the outputs were below the competition's. I feel the same way with Maglite.

Latest posts

Top Bottom