Anyone else addicted to flashlights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You, my friend, have a problem..................

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_arc.JPG

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a a small "addiction"

5.11 Light for life
Streamlight Stinger LED
Streamlight Stinger
Streamlight Microstream
6P clone, rechargeable with 350 lumen bulb
Maglight style monster light... not sure brand but its big...

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at ya all. Bunch of grown adults afraid of the dark!:rollingla What's a matter you, never heard of noise and light discipline? Had it drilled in the BHG while in the Army, and quickly found out in the Navy that all that means jack squat on a ship, and that you had better have a light on you at all times. :owned3: Damn it gets dark on a ship when the power goes out :yikes2:

Been a light junkie ever since.

Surefire
Pelican
Mag-light
S&W
Nova
G.I. out the wazoo

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if I am addicted yet or not, but I do have several Surefire lights around.

A 6p in the shop.
A Z2 in my wife's vehicle
A Z2 LED in my vehicle
A E2D in my pocket
A Z3 in my nightstand
A Z3 in the TV room
A Surefire forend light on the Mossy

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
that's so not true... Surefire was and is always the innovator for flashlights. Surefire was one of the first companies to offer LED (Luxeon) in flashlights.

Arc LS First Run was world's first Luxeon flashlight. Surefire followed closely afterwards. Chinese companies like Fenix and 4sevens followed many years later.
companies like Arc and Surefire were the true innovators.

Surefire has worlds largest R&D for flashlights and it shows.
long time flasholic here from candlepower forum days... started with 4sevens on CPF...

Fenix was the first chinese company to offer a quality flashlight.
here's a picture of that first offering in stainless ... single AA light driving a Luxeon.... they claimed 500, but closer to 75 was accounted for. a major reason for Fenix's success was due to technology transfer from CPF...

4sevens really helped with early development at Fenix. He was Fenix's first distributor and later came out with his own line. But Candlepower Forums was and still is the mother ship for flashlight technologies.

I wasn't putting them down, but the exclusivity of their quality isn't so exclusive anymore (although admittedly the trend with most flashlight manufacturers these days tends to go towards low-weight lights, which inevitably means thinner walls, something that SureFire doesn't have).

I really dig SureFires, especially the ones with the P60 drop-ins. I just think you can get a lot more bang (see light and versatility) for your buck these days.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my 4sevens 123 tactical. Its really bright, I love the moonlight mode. I'm gonna buy the new Maelstrom G5 for my 556. 375 lumens with a 4 mode bezel. :) oh yeah...

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if I am addicted yet or not, but I do have several Surefire lights around.

A 6p in the shop.
A Z2 in my wife's vehicle
A Z2 LED in my vehicle
A E2D in my pocket
A Z3 in my nightstand
A Z3 in the TV room
A Surefire forend light on the Mossy

I'm gonna put one on mine too...someday. :rolleyes2

Do you like yours? Does it weigh it down quite a bit?

Latest posts

Top Bottom