Anyone else addicted to flashlights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good, with pressure pad and $40-$50 don't go together. Pick 2 of the three. Personally, I'd choose a Surefire G-2 in an Elzetta mount, but even that is going to run you around $70 + shipping for both of them new. You might be able to pick them up off ebay for a little less.

Nothing cheaper will be something you can count on when you need it most. :(

The only thing I'd add to this is that a $10 Cree LED upgrade for your G2 removes the incandescent factor. Then again, you're also removing one of the "Surefire" factors as well, but I just can't see spending $30 on a Surefire branded Cree upgrade kit.

I've been happy with all my $10 Cree LED kits in my various G2s - haven't let me down when mounted to my AR yet.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm gonna put one on mine too...someday. :rolleyes2

Do you like yours? Does it weigh it down quite a bit?

GED, I do like mine. I like knowing that light WILL come on if I ever need it to. Yeah it does add some weight to the forend, but not enough to be a problem....

I bought mine at Outdoor America 3 years ago, they were a good bit cheaper than I found it for online.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only thing I'd add to this is that a $10 Cree LED upgrade for your G2 removes the incandescent factor. Then again, you're also removing one of the "Surefire" factors as well, but I just can't see spending $30 on a Surefire branded Cree upgrade kit.

I've been happy with all my $10 Cree LED kits in my various G2s - haven't let me down when mounted to my AR yet.

This. I popped for the Malkoff Devices M60WF on my last 6P though. That thing was tits! I run a 600 Scout Light and a couple of X300's now though.

mountain287

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like the start of a support group. I'm addicted to flashlights and tactical bags (range bags, bugout bags, backpacks). I can't pass up a good deal on a flashlight or bag.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really need to upgrade... I still use a 6 cell Maglight I got about '80.

Maglight 1- big dog 0... you cannot replace raw weight sometimes

Jeff, pick yourself up one of these:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/tle-6k2.html

It makes all the difference in the world, and it pretty cheap. Battery Junction have been good people in my experience.

I have two flashlights, a D-cell Maglite and a Mini-mag (2 AA). Both have TerraLux LED conversions, and both seem true to the 140 lumen claim (right in line with my TLR-1 which is 135 lumens, and my fathers Hellfigher light which is 150). I added a tailcap switch to the Mini which is another big improvement.

Some of those others are nice, but I too like having a flashlight in the truck that can be used as a whippin' stick. And I am too cheap to throw down $60+ on a new light. The LED conversions are the perfect inexpensive solution for the lights you already own.

chhcope

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not addicted, but with this new light I got for Christmas I am on the fast track! It's called a nebo redline, some 230 lumens. It has a few different options, 100%, 50%, 10%, S.O.S., and strobe. You can also focus the light on it. Anyone ever seen one? They have lots of different lights and if they are anything like the one i have, it's a great light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom