Anyone ever deer hunt Lake Texoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going down there for Thanksgiving weekend to see the family, and was wondering if anyone has ever hunted around the lake? From what I can tell its bow only. I'll be around the rock creek area, just west of Caney creek.

I have seen a few deer during the year while fishing, just wasn't sure how good the hunting is

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its been about 10 years ago, but I hunted one fall down there on Corp Land. It was along the Washita River. The place was covered up with armadillos, but had several deer as well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drew a controlled hunt on Hickory Creek several years ago. Called the ODW biologist for the area, to ask about the area. He gave me a report and asked where I was located at. Told him Kay County.
His reply was "why in the hell do you live in Kay county, and want to hunt at Hickory creek"
We went and never saw a deer, and very little sign.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to hunt around Little City area and Washita arm on all the corp land. Used to see lots of deer around there, but from what I hear they aren't as numerous as they once were. Hogs have really taken over in the area that I hunted. There's still plenty of deer though and lots of corp land around the lake... or there used to be. Hadn't hunted it in a few years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom