Anyone have this grill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like charcoal for some things (specially flank steak cooked directly on chunk charcoal coals for fajitas), but I always say, "People who are charcoal zealots like the taste of carbon, not meat." Besides, gas lends you a little more versatility. Some things, I dont want to taste wood smoke, and the things I do want a smokey flavor... aluminum foil, little water and some wood chips.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like charcoal for some things (specially flank steak cooked directly on chunk charcoal coals for fajitas), but I always say, "People who are charcoal zealots like the taste of carbon, not meat." Besides, gas lends you a little more versatility. Some things, I dont want to taste wood smoke, and the things I do want a smokey flavor... aluminum foil, little water and some wood chips.

Freak

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the one that sgtmojo has and it is awesome, I cook meat with either wood chunks in the smoker box or charcoal if I'm in a hurry, and veggies over the propane, if you ever entertain at the house it can't be beat, I cooked burgers, corn cobs, brats, and bacon wrapped cheese stuffed jalapeños for 8-10 people before the first OU game this year, and got it all done at once, had room for it all!

808racer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had the char-griller since 07 and it's served us well. Many a red meat meals and smoked goods have been produced on that bad boy. Considering a Big Steel Keg as a replacement.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for the info fellas!

Wish one of you would buy me a Webber e330.

I helped my neighbor unload one from his pickup yesterday, his wife begrudgingly said "this covers his next two Christmas' "

He was all smiles.

yes I have one. I really like it over all. Though I use the charcoal and wood smoker mostly. The propane seems to go really fast, so I never use it.

Cool, I think Im going with this one. The all-in-one is sucking me in. I have the four features but they're all seperate and clog up my patio. This will do them all in a more OCD kinda way :wink2:

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not have that brand but I have a grill with all the same features. Love the smoker/charcoaler for most of my grilling needs but like to have the gas grill and the searing burner for quick cookouts or searing the steaks before moving them to the charcoal.

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my second complaint is the cover is around $40 and mine blew away in the wind. So now I have oxidation on the finish. need to refinish it, and I have only had it for about a year.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the chargriller 5050 and added the smoker box. I love it. For what little smokkng i do, its perfect. Well worth the money and is a little better built than the academy one for not much more.

The cover they make sucks but it has a one year no questions asked warranty with proof of purchase. I'll be getting a new one when my year rolls around. It's about 6 months old and already pretty ratty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom