Big Green Egg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a customer on my route that I've known over 20 years, gift me his small BGE with accessories. I've only bbq'd with wood lump charcoal. Easy to use and keep temp.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a customer on my route that I've known over 20 years, gift me his small BGE with accessories. I've only bbq'd with wood lump charcoal. Easy to use and keep temp.
You can use briquettes if you want to, as long as there's no starter fluid in them. A single use of starter fluid will ruin a ceramic grill and it voids the BGE warranty too. They do fine except for all the ash.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can use briquettes if you want to, as long as there's no starter fluid in them. A single use of starter fluid will ruin a ceramic grill and it voids the BGE warranty too. They do fine except for all the ash.
I use a chimney starter.
81hFML-GdLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Birdseed

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I am feeling particularly lacking in the outdoor cooking department. I have a propane smoker that gets alot of use and it is pretty easy to keep dialed in, and a generic stainless steel propane grill that I am not particularly fond of. I've been thinking about dropping a chunk of loot on a kamado grill, the big green egg or one of the knock offs. The ceramic ones are all over 1k with the grill and needed accessories. Anyone here have one they are in love with and if so why?
You might try Atlanta Grills, they have specials!

Virtuaguyver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My next grill/griddle will be a Blackstone. I'm done fighting rust.
Make sure you season it well. Years ago I did a national park trip across the country for over a month and we slepted at campgrounds and cooked outside every night for dinner and breakfast. It was the best investment I've ever made for outdoor cooking, and I've only seasoned it once more a couple years ago. It goes everywhere with my outdoors.

Latest posts

Top Bottom