Big Green Egg

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

conditionzero

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought it locally at a store on Reno and I think it was just west of meridian, or maybe it was McArther. I forget the name but they sell outdoor patio furniture, hot tubs and billiard tables. And of course grills. They only had Treager (which is built in China now and are a POS) and the GMG, I think they had Green Egg grills also.
I taled them into assembling it for me at no extra cost. Think I paid $950.
Checkout Championship BBQ Supply on Penn in north OKC if you ever get the chance.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love mine and wouldn't trade it for anything else. Find the Ceramic Grill Store's website if you do buy one. Their stuff is incomparable for BGE. Also get a Kick Ash Basket if you grill hot, they aren't necessary but you can get to high temps quicker, I ran mine for several years without one and clean out is a snap.

I've cooked about everything including cobblers in mine and have even cured and smoked my own bacon, ham and pastrami.

All that said, there is a little bit of truth in what @conditionzero said about offsets. The flavor isn't as strong and charcoal has a bit of a different flavor which can be fixed with enough chunks added it, but it's still not the same flavor as burning wood that hasn't been carbonized like in a stick burner. Like you, I don't want to take up a huge area so I sold my Cookshack electric and bought the BGE since it does it all. Totally happy with the purchase.

IMG_0716.JPG

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
@Shadowrider has it dialed in on BGE. That one in the classifieds is a deal. Kamodo Joe also makes a nice one that comes with a few more accessories if you’re going new. It’s a whole cult on ceramic grill cooking/smoking. Lots of YouTube videos. Smoke, slow cook, 600 degree searing, you can do it all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom