Anyone have Verizon internet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don’t know about “Verizon Internet” but I do have Verizon for my mobile phone carrier with unlimited data. We live in the county and when we lose power and the TV goes out my generator fires up and I use my cell as a hot spot and have the TVs work over Verizon’s network. Not a problem. My wife also teaches an online class and several times when the internet has gone down I’ve had her hook her computer up to my cell WiFi and again, works great!

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You couldn't pay me enough to ever personally have a Verizon product. I have actively kept business connection at my work away from them as well.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have t-mobile mobiles and Verizon lte wireless home internet just in case one or the other of the carriers goes down we still have internet. The Verizon lte has been great so far. With auto pay it's only $50/mo. We had at&t u-verse before and the max plan we could get was only 3Mbps down and about 1/4Mbps up. Hate at&t so it was I was glad to have a better choice on the outskirts of town.
Screenshot_20230216_173458_Speedtest.jpg

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thinking of switching from ATT to something else. I see t Mobil has internet but verizon looks to be cheaper. Any reviews would be appreciated.
My wife and I dumped Cox Internet and Cricket Wireless this past December and switched to T-Mobile Home Internet and cell phone service. At that time they had a special going on for people over 55. The Home Internet was $25.00/mo and the cell Service was $70.00 per month for 2 lines with unlimited data etc. The price is locked in for life. (prices include taxes and fees)

Our home internet speeds run between 250mbps to 350mbps and has at times reached 400mbps. I think we are in a great spot for that service. One of our daughters has T-Mobil Home Internet and does not get those kind of speeds.

I don't don't know if T-Mobil is still offering the 55 and older plans, but it might be worth checking into.

I saw on a Verizon commercial that promise no rate increase for 3 years. T-Mobil is for life.

Might check them out. Everything is negotiable in this world. If T-Mobil won't give you a break, you can always tell them you will go check out Verizon. :)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I moved into the Tuttle area back in 2006 and had horrible experiences with Atlink and AT&T. Atlink was for our internet and the tower we were directed to was one of their oldest. AT&T phone service required me to go outside to make a phone call, so we went to check out Verizon's MiFi system. They told us that if it didn't work out for us because of cell strength, we could return it and get a refund.

The MiFi worked great, so when our AT&T phone contract ended, we went with Verizon and new phones. We still keep the MiFi as it will work for us if we are traveling and WiFi in other places isn't that good. Also, while the RV park's WiFi is connected to fiber here, a lot of folks are streaming TV, so on some nights when they are hitting the WiFi pretty hard, I go to the MiFi unit.

We don't have the highest service though. I think ours is something like 5 gig before getting throttled back. Even throttled back isn't too bad, but I just can't upload photos too well when throttled.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My opinion is first look at how much signal they have at your location. The maps do not always tell the story. If you can invite someone who has Verizon phone service to your house to see how many bars are available. If if they have lthe ability, use their phone hotspot to see how it works for you. Good luck to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom