Anyone have Verizon internet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just outside Mustang 1 mile north

We go to church in Mustang, and one of our sons lives in Yukon, so we are through there fairly regular. In fact, we generally get with him on Saturdays, so I can try to remember to check the number of bars on my phone when we are about a mile north of Mustang on Highway 4.

When we first signed up for Verizon and got the MiFi, we lived south of Mustang and just across the river and just west of Highway 4. Our MiFi worked fine there, so I think that where you live might be OK for signals.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had T-Mobile home internet. I just shipped the gateway back to them last week. They have the tech for sure and it was reliable too, it just became too congested on their towers to get the speed I wanted.

It worked good for almost a year. I'd recommend it since there's no contract or equipment rentals. If it doesn't work at your location you can quit it anytime. It's 100% location dependent as to how well it works. When I first got it I got a 400+ down speedtest on it. I generally got around 65 to 165 download speeds for most of the time I had it. No data caps and it was $40 a month which was less than half the cost of Cox.

Also when you do call tech support you get to talk to someone in Oklahoma City. Their customer service is the best of the bunch IME. :thumb:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Before our local internet company put fiber in my addition I tried the Verizon lte internet. It was horrible. Didn’t get very good speeds and it was charging me data I never used. I even unplugged the modem for a couple days and they still said I used data. It wasn’t cheap either.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Before our local internet company put fiber in my addition I tried the Verizon lte internet. It was horrible. Didn’t get very good speeds and it was charging me data I never used. I even unplugged the modem for a couple days and they still said I used data. It wasn’t cheap either.
Why would they charge you for data when it's unlimited? At least ours is. Maybe an older plan?

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I just ran a speed test on my T-Mobile hotspot. 10.6 down and 1.18 up.

Like others say, it's location dependant. Unfortunately this is about as good as it gets in my location in Shawnee.

Patiently waiting on fiber.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I just ran a speed test on my T-Mobile hotspot. 10.6 down and 1.18 up.

Like others say, it's location dependant. Unfortunately this is about as good as it gets in my location in Shawnee.

Patiently waiting on fiber.
I don’t know what part of Shawnee you live but there is a company called Bluepeak installing fiber all around. Canadian valley is too. I live in between Shawnee and Earlsboro. They have been putting CVEC up all over out here.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don’t know what part of Shawnee you live but there is a company called Bluepeak installing fiber all around. Canadian valley is too. I live in between Shawnee and Earlsboro. They have been putting CVEC up all over out here.
Yep. Last I checked, Bluepeak will be in my neighborhood in a year or so if there aren't more delays.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had T-Mobile home internet. I just shipped the gateway back to them last week. They have the tech for sure and it was reliable too, it just became too congested on their towers to get the speed I wanted.

It worked good for almost a year. I'd recommend it since there's no contract or equipment rentals. If it doesn't work at your location you can quit it anytime. It's 100% location dependent as to how well it works. When I first got it I got a 400+ down speedtest on it. I generally got around 65 to 165 download speeds for most of the time I had it. No data caps and it was $40 a month which was less than half the cost of Cox.

Also when you do call tech support you get to talk to someone in Oklahoma City. Their customer service is the best of the bunch IME. :thumb:
I checked into Tmobile and the website asked for my address and the results said they didnt have internet coverage in my area?

Latest posts

Top Bottom