Anyone hear about this shooting in Yukon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably ended that way, but I doubt it started that way. Why kill the clerk?

Because some people have no problem taking a life for their own desires.

He'd worked at QuikTrip since he was 16 and would have made it a career, his dad says. Meanwhile, he and his friends had begun making plans to get into real estate, to buy their first house and turn it into a rental property.

Those plans died at 4 a.m. Jan. 22, when 29-year-old Apolinar Altamirano walked into a Mesa QuikTrip, dumped a jar of change on the counter and demanded a pack of cigarettes.

When Grant said he'd need to count the money first, police say Altamirano pulled a gun. When Grant handed him the cigarettes, police say Altamirano pulled the trigger anyway. Then the gunman stepped over Grant's body to grab two packs of cigarettes and left.

Just another day, awaiting deportation in the USA.

Altamirano had been arrested in August 2012 after a home invasion in which a woman said she was kidnapped and sexually assaulted by Altamirano and two others – associates of her boyfriend, who was in jail on drug charges.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/laurieroberts/2015/04/07/steve-ronnebeck-speaks-out/25381993/
STORY FROM U.S. CELLULAR

acope

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I live nearby that 7-11; it's a Yukon Address, but it OKC utilities and services and the kids in the neighborhood here go to Mustang Schools. So when they say the 7-11 is in Yukon, well, it's address is a Yukon Address. I'm pretty sure the housing sub-division where the bad guy was shot is the same.
I am well aware of all the different areas out there. I live less than a mile away. Just because a place receives mail from the Yukon zip code does not make it in Yukon. The media should be more accurate in reporting. Hell, the media should just be accurate period.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Except for the fact that both locations as well as the responding PD are OKC, not Yukon. Damned media couldn't report if the sun was up correctly.

I am well aware of all the different areas out there. I live less than a mile away. Just because a place receives mail from the Yukon zip code does not make it in Yukon. The media should be more accurate in reporting. Hell, the media should just be accurate period.

@acope: Okay. What do you think the media should have reported the location as then? It is a Yukon Address, but it is serviced by Oklahoma City Utilities and Services, to include Police and Fire. When people ask me where I live, I say "Yukon" because that is part of my address.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@acope: Okay. What do you think the media should have reported the location as then? It is a Yukon Address, but it is serviced by Oklahoma City Utilities and Services, to include Police and Fire. When people ask me where I live, I say "Yukon" because that is part of my address.

If the address is Yukon, it's in Yukon. It doesn't matter what services cover the area or where your kids go to school. That seems pretty simple, but I'm a pretty simple dude.

acope

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma City. The property is in OKC. The mail come from zip code 73099, but the property address is Oklahoma City.
When I look at the title deed for my home. It is Oklahoma City, OK 73099.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good Grief, two families affected by this tragedy, and some of us want to dis the news reporting because we don't like the way they reported the location. With the volume of news reports we expect everyday, there are going to be some facts that may get reported wrong. At one time we lived in Kansas City Missouri, our neighbors, across the street, lived in Kansas City Kansas. As cities grow, this kind of confusion is going to happen. Now, put your thoughts to the family of this employee who was guilty of nothing more than actually working for a living.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good Grief, two families affected by this tragedy, and some of us want to dis the news reporting because we don't like the way they reported the location. With the volume of news reports we expect everyday, there are going to be some facts that may get reported wrong. At one time we lived in Kansas City Missouri, our neighbors, across the street, lived in Kansas City Kansas. As cities grow, this kind of confusion is going to happen. Now, put your thoughts to the family of this employee who was guilty of nothing more than actually working for a living.

Well said. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These people have always walked among us. Take a look at local Sean Sellers. Friend and family killers are the worst.

Latest posts

Top Bottom