Anyone hunt Thunderbird today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I won't be able to get out there until this weekend, just wondering if anyone had any luck out there or if it was crowded like it sometimes gets. I have some areas on the north part of the lake I scouted out recently that will hopefully hold a few deer. Only been able to take does in the past, but hopefully I'll get lucky and see a mature buck out there finally.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted yedterday and out here today. Saw one yesterday morning and none so far today. Its still very hot so hopefully with the front moving in they will be up and moving. Im in a spot I have never failed to see deer, but all the rain provides an abundace of food so they may not travel far....not yet anywau

wilder4

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im looking into doing some hunting out there this year since I lost my lease, Can yall give me any advise as to where to think about hunting where there isn't a whole lot of hunters?

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of hunter everywhere right now. I would just go out and hunt from the ground at first to figure out an area. After rifle season there will be very few people that are still hunting tbird and it will be a lot less crowded.

Just pick a spot that is easy for you to access and give it a shot

Im looking into doing some hunting out there this year since I lost my lease, Can yall give me any advise as to where to think about hunting where there isn't a whole lot of hunters?

Jeremy1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunt The Bird every year. There are plenty of deer out there. I have seen some very nice deer driving around at night in early November looking for signs that the rut is kicking in..... However, in the beginning of the season it can be crowded (last Saturday was a bust) and I tend to see a LOT of does when actually hunting. I arrowed a decent sized six a few years ago on the west side of the lake. Everyone I have ran into out there is very nice. I can tell you that last Friday I went to a spot in the evening and although I was the only one there, I ran into two ladder stands that had been placed out there. That is always hard for me cause I don't want to mess up somebody's hunt, but if they aren't there, I also want to hunt too. I have a climber so I found a spot about 50 yds away from the unoccupied stand and sat for 3 hrs. Saw nothing. Walked out after sunset and jumped up several in a field. I hunt Lex and Tbird a lot during the week and early season. Have a farm to hunt in NW OK bt I don't hit that until late Oct. or early Nov. I love SE Oklahoma for rifle season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom