Anyone know a thing or two about tractors? Advice needed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Branson tractors are built in the same factory, by the same workers, with the same parts/motors/trannys as the hobby Deere's... But at a much lower cost. Same warrantee too.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, this is great info. I'm throwing the belly mower idea out with the bath water. I had seen one on a NH, and figured I'd mention it.

dennishoddy mentioned that Mahindra has the hydraulics with the tractor. I'm under the impression that if I get a tractor with the loader on it, it will have the hydraulics already. If this is a misconception, please let me know. I don't think it is, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, this is great info. I'm throwing the belly mower idea out with the bath water. I had seen one on a NH, and figured I'd mention it.

dennishoddy mentioned that Mahindra has the hydraulics with the tractor. I'm under the impression that if I get a tractor with the loader on it, it will have the hydraulics already. If this is a misconception, please let me know. I don't think it is, but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Yes, you will have hydraulics for the front loader.
What I was referring to is the hydraulic ports at the back of the tractor for implements that lift. I use a drag type brush hog that uses a cylinder to raise and lower, as well as a small disk on wheels.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, you will have hydraulics for the front loader.
What I was referring to is the hydraulic ports at the back of the tractor for implements that lift. I use a drag type brush hog that uses a cylinder to raise and lower, as well as a small disk on wheels.

That clears it up. Thanks!

jerbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check on tractorhouse.com or machinefinders.com for used stuff. You can search by distance or price. I had go to Poteau to get what i wanted, but it's worth it if you get something you will be satisfied with. Def get a 4wd with a loader and at least one set of remotes on the back.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on the remotes it the rear. Also, on some Deere models, they are oddball and don't bypass without an adaptor. That is important for items like 3 point log splitters and such that have lever controls on the implement. Talk to your dealer. My JD 5303 is that way.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Something I forgot to mention is that we BH the majority of the yard and have a Zero Turn for the parts that we want nice. A good ZTR will out mow a BH and tractor but only is the grass is not too tall and the ground is smooth.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I added two rear ports to my 3000, cost about $100.00 in fittigns hoses and parts. Bought the valves off eBay and the rest from Atwoods. Installed a hydraulic top link which makes changing implements much easier not counting the versitility of being able to adjust the top link on the fly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom