Anyone load 45 S. W. schofield or any .454 old school 45

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle was rumaging around my grandad's old ammo box's and brought me some unmarked .45 conical lead bullets. He thought I could reload them for some of my 45's I shoot. They sat on a shelf for a while until yesterday. I got them out to consider loading them. I weighed them.. they appear to be about a 200 grn bullet.. but the diameter is .454 I don't have anything "old school" enough to shoot them with.. I was wondering if anyone had a need or could use them... before I sent them off to someone for smelting....

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
those were likely for a .45 colt, but barrels and chambered different, old ones could be .454, while newere guns might be .451-.452. If you got enough of them, a guy could always buy the gun that will shoot them.

younggundavid

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes.. I remember the older barrels are chambered to a .454. I wasn't wanting to get a gun to shoot the stuff... just thought I'd pass them on to someone who already has a gun chambered that large.. and would like them to reload..

Latest posts

Top Bottom