Anyone need an old bird dog companion?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate these kinds of threads....
Me too. I'm a thinkin he's a runaway from a hunter this last season and has been surviving ever since.

I had a Weimaraner that ran from me as a pup out bird hunting. I went back out every day for two weeks thinking he's about ready to come home but nothing. Choco was a great dog and really learning to retrieve.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Probably a July 4th refugee.

If he's as well behaved as you say an owner will show up.

Keep your eyes our for posters nailed to the utility poles and FB if you're on there.
That’s what we thought when he first showed up but I think he’s been on the lamb for a while. The first thing I did was loosen his collar a notch. The buckle had almost worn a spot in the band and was way to tight. His ears need attention as do his nails.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That’s what we thought when he first showed up but I think he’s been on the lamb for a while. The first thing I did was loosen his collar a notch. The buckle had almost worn a spot in the band and was way to tight. His ears need attention as do his nails.

Uh, he's a bird dog. I might give his ears a good scrubbing, but I don't believe I'd worry too awful much about his nails. Unless he's gonna be sleeping on the couch, but again, that's a bird dog. Bird dogs sleep outside.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He found a good Human to help him. Hope he finds a place to live out his time. Someone needs a buddy out there Darren. Mine wouldn’t accept him.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom