Anyone need ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, a license is required, the licensee must pay federal excise tax and I would imagine the liability insurance is pretty high!!

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/manufacturers.html

Q: Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer?
Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. No, if the person reloads only for personal use.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) (i) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]

Q: Must a licensed manufacturer pay excise taxes?
Yes. Licensed manufacturers incur excise tax on the sale of firearms and ammunition manufactured. See Item 17, “Federal Excise Tax” in the General Information section of this publication.

I guess that explains why lol. I bet you're right that liability insurance is high. I checked out the link and it said that if you have a Firearms Manufacurer FFL, you can do ammunition without a seperate one too... that's pretty handy.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Judging by all the different requests in here I would put up a price list of what you've got to offer as standard and anything else just say it will be custom and priced accordingly.

That should save you some time and headache.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was going to be my next question for the OP, if he was licensed as a manufacturer.

Shooting someone else's reloaded ammo can be risky, regardless of price. I would be ok with trying his ammo if he is licensed.

He said he stands behind his ammo.

Well, he wouldn't want to stand in FRONT of it! :hithead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom