Anyone need ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I reload it. For 9mm 115gr RNBB sitting on 4.5gr Bullseye $13/50
9mm 90gr & 115gr Hornady XTP JHP on 5.0gr Bullseye $22/50
40 S&W 55gr Berry's CMJ loaded with HP-38 $17/50
.45ACP 200 Rainier HP loaded with Bullseye, Clays or Universal (your choice) $25/50
5.56 55gr Sierra BT FMJ with 24gr AR Comp $25/50
and so on...if you would like a full price list just let me know what ammo you are interested in and I will get you one
Are those prices competitive with local gunstores factory ammo prices?
If not, I see that as being hard to get a competitive edge in sales.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wondered why there aren't more businesses that sell reloads for profit.

Is there some kind of ammunition manufacturer's license you have to get or put up a bond or required to be insured or both??? I've always heard that, but never knew if it was true.

Do you have specs on those .45 200 grain Ranier loads? Any other .45 loads?

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If dwbammo is willing to post a detailed price list, he might get a ton of business here. If the pricing is competitive and the ammo is dependable, I'd rather give my money to a forum member and local small business than a big chain store. This might also be a good alternative to the reloading gear that I'm considering buying.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always wondered why there aren't more businesses that sell reloads for profit.

Is there some kind of ammunition manufacturer's license you have to get or put up a bond or required to be insured or both??? I've always heard that, but never knew if it was true.

Yes, a license is required, the licensee must pay federal excise tax and I would imagine the liability insurance is pretty high!!

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/manufacturers.html

Q: Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer?
Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. No, if the person reloads only for personal use.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) (i) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]

Q: Must a licensed manufacturer pay excise taxes?
Yes. Licensed manufacturers incur excise tax on the sale of firearms and ammunition manufactured. See Item 17, “Federal Excise Tax” in the General Information section of this publication.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, a license is required, the licensee must pay federal excise tax and I would imagine the liability insurance is pretty high!!

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/manufacturers.html

Q: Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer?
Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. No, if the person reloads only for personal use.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) (i) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]

Q: Must a licensed manufacturer pay excise taxes?
Yes. Licensed manufacturers incur excise tax on the sale of firearms and ammunition manufactured. See Item 17, “Federal Excise Tax” in the General Information section of this publication.

That was going to be my next question for the OP, if he was licensed as a manufacturer.

Shooting someone else's reloaded ammo can be risky, regardless of price. I would be ok with trying his ammo if he is licensed.

He said he stands behind his ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom