anyone own a Kel Tec 2000 or HiPoint 955???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If so how do you like it and have you had any problems from either model??? I'm looking to purchase either one of the models. Just want something fun to plink with so which model and why? I found a Hi Point 955 for 200.00 it has the ATI stock installed and comes with 2 mags. I also found a kel tec NIB with two hi cap glock mags for 400.00. Which is a better deal and which will last the longest and be the most fun to shoot?

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I own a 995. Best gun I own in terms of reliability and shooting fun. If I could afford the ammo I could spend an entire day shooting it. My wife keeps it next to the bed just in case she can't get me to wake up with my 1911.

Kel-Tec's are just too damn ugly for me to own. I actually like the old classic Hi-Points, and the new TS models just take the cake. Awesome little guns, and apparently they appreciate in value...I bought mine for $170, yesterday I saw 3 Classic's for sale at $260 a pop.

Don

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Hi Point 955 that I bought used, it had a lot of feeding problems when I got it. I called Hi Point and spoke with one of the Tec’s his first question was what ammo was I using (Winchester white box) he said that this ammo causes a lot of mis-feeds in there guns and to try CCI Blazer Ammunition.
Along with the ammo change l had to replace the recoil spring, & the firing pin & spring all parts were supplied by Hi Point free of charge just for the asking.
The gun now runs good.
Remember quality is like buying oats if you want good clean oats you must pay a fare price if you can use oats that have already been through the horse that comes cheaper.

DaveTec

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotta Sub2000 Glock 9 and it is an awesome gun. Very accurate and very unique.

Plus the barrel length effectively doubles the 9mm's ballistics. So I'm told.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Hi Point 955 that I bought used, it had a lot of feeding problems when I got it. I called Hi Point and spoke with one of the Tec’s his first question was what ammo was I using (Winchester white box) he said that this ammo causes a lot of mis-feeds in there guns and to try CCI Blazer Ammunition.
Along with the ammo change l had to replace the recoil spring, & the firing pin & spring all parts were supplied by Hi Point free of charge just for the asking.
The gun now runs good.
Remember quality is like buying oats if you want good clean oats you must pay a fare price if you can use oats that have already been through the horse that comes cheaper.

With Hi Point the quality really doesn't matter, when they'll either send to you or fix it themselves completely free of charge, AND include a free magazine anytime it has to go back to the mothership. Thanks for the tip about the WWB, that's all I use in mine and i've been having a few FTE's lately.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
well i'm gunna go pick up the 995TS tomorrow she is LNIB only 30 rounds down the pipe. She also has a fresh ATI stock installed and 2 10 round mags and 1 15 round high cap mag for 200.00 I thought it was a good deal so i'm gunna jump on it and if i don't like it i can always flip it for what i paid for it if not more.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the HP995 with the ATI stock done up in a really nice redneck pot leaf camo design (bought it in Bayfield Colorado). Shot like a champ until I took it all apart and cleaned it. Now I'm getting some FTFs with it. Probably just needs a bath in CLP or several hundred more rounds of ammo ran thru it.

Would I buy another one? Oh yeah.

Latest posts

Top Bottom