Anyone remember Mashburn Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Y'all are making me feel old. Bought my first pistol, SIG sp2022 from Mashburn, actually found the original receipt when we cleaned Dad's house, and bought my first first Lee anniversary kit reloading setup from southwest

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That was Fred Bakers. Mash burn was on Penn at one time.
I used to buy once fired military brass and reloading supplies there.

Someone stole an AR at Mashburn’s and led the polesse on a merry chase
They did more than that.

A guy walked in and asked to see an AR. The salesman handed him the rifle and the guy pulled a magazine out of his pocket and shot the salesman and I’m not 100% sure, but I think a couple of others in the store.

OCPD chased him down and killed him in a shootout. The news said the shooter was going through a divorce at the time and it all went downhill from there.

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is this the photo from MacArthur. I was hoping to see one from further back when on Penn. They were reinvented a few times. After on Mac ( I guess) they appeared on S. Eastern I believe. Then I believe the last remnants moved and are what's now called Gun World on S. Sunnylane, Del City. Check me if wrong.
No, this is 10th and Penn. The street sign is in the pic. :-)

sherrick13

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I remember Mashburn's and Fred Bakers. What was the big pawn shop back in the day, I want to say A-1, I think is was near Shepherd Mall. Then there was Charlie's Surplus in Midwest City. My dad bought a couple Lugers from Mashburns, of course he sold them later.

My brother took me to Charlies too. Ate my first MRE from there.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think my brother took me in there once around 1979-80 when I was 11 or 12.

I remember stuff being everywhere and the guys were dicks, but it was cool as hell as a young kid.

Mashburn was THE regional gunstore in the 30s -50s. Would love to go back in time to visit.

Building still exists.

View attachment 463553
That is the building at 12th and Penn if I remember. That was their second location. They were originally at 6th and Western. The Penn location is where my friend Mark Stokesbury, long time employee, was shot with an AR 15 that an Army deserter grabbed off the rack and loaded his own full magazine. When Mark followed him out the door, he turned and shot Mark in the side. Luckily it was not life threatening. Two OCPD officers were eating in the restaurant two doors south, came outside. A citizen pulled up in a pickup and told the officers to get in because he saw where the suspect went after firing a shot at a beer truck driver. The citizen with the two officers in the bed of the truck confronted the suspect a couple of blocks east on 12th street. A gun battle ensued and the suspect went down. At least one of his rounds went through the windshield and back cab window right between the two officers in the bed of the truck. As it turned out the suspect shot himself under his chin as the pattern of burn marks from the slots of the flash suppressor on his throat were apparent. As the Firearms Examiner, I had to investigate the officer involved shooting. Late 80s-early 90s.
I spent tons of money at Mashburns back in the day and still have most of the guns I bought there.
Art Mashburn’s nephew Arnold Beck took over the store and ran it into the ground.

Latest posts

Top Bottom