Anyone taking the kids this weekend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Granddaughter got hers tonight, not quite as big as her brother’s but she’s happy.
c5b0832d1c664554fe552087d1feccda.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice! My daughter has been hunting one that looks a lot like that one.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Daughter couldn't get a deer on her controlled hunt in Tishomingo because of all of these little bastards. Every time a deer would come in, they would chase it off. We lost count around 80, in 3 different bunches. WMA officials said we couldn't shoot hogs, otherwise we would have had a truckload.

Decided to come home this afternoon to hunt our lease instead of hanging out to be disappointed by more hogs.
First of all, congrats to all the kids and their mentors that took them out!

Why in the hell did the Tishomingo WMA folks say you couldn't kill a pig? That just doesn't make sense at all from a conservation standpoint.

brian89

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
IMG_7614.JPG

My son shot his biggest buck last night, he was quartering to us at about 40 yards and trying to get our wind, he put it right on the front point of his shoulder and smoked him, 7mm-08 120gr sst. He ran about 15 yards and tipped over. This buck came out and started going away from us, i hit the grunt call and here he came

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First of all, congrats to all the kids and their mentors that took them out!

Why in the hell did the Tishomingo WMA folks say you couldn't kill a pig? That just doesn't make sense at all from a conservation standpoint.
Some stupid rule they've got. I think it's a federal thing, judging by some comments made by the ODWC officials that were on site.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son shot his biggest buck last night, he was quartering to us at about 40 yards and trying to get our wind, he put it right on the front point of his shoulder and smoked him, 7mm-08 120gr sst. He ran about 15 yards and tipped over. This buck came out and started going away from us, i hit the grunt call and here he came
That's awesome! Nice buck. Pass on the congrats!

Latest posts

Top Bottom