Anyone tried these phone chargers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've started using these magnetic charging cables on all of our devices after having to replace my iPhone with a new $800 model.
The continuing insertion and removal of the charging cable puts wear and tear on the contacts inside the phone to the point that they will no longer charge reliably without having to wiggle the cable and set it just right on the table.
With these, you put an insert into the phone that stays there, and the cable just snaps to the insert. Both are magnets so you get a pretty good connection. Hi amperage up to 3.2 amps for fast charges. The cables come with inserts for iPhone or micro usp devices.

61aUW3fbQzL._SL1000_.jpg

81S2PZeeXvL._SL1500_.jpg

Available on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D26SHZB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
??????????

Based on this comment in your post about the cables:

"The continuing insertion and removal of the charging cable puts wear and tear on the contacts inside the phone to the point that they will no longer charge reliably without having to wiggle the cable and set it just right on the table."

Just trying to pull your chain, Dennis. I never have a problem with my Android Motorola.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does seem Apple deliberately makes their charging cables weak. I've bought numerous ones over the years for the wife and kids due to them coming apart at the connector. And they swear they don't pull on the cord. I've never had to buy one for my Android. The flaw, deliberate or not, is very obvious.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought I was having a problem with my last iPhone’s charging port when no charging cable would stay seated in the port. After checking the port with a lighted magnifying glass, however, I discovered it was clogged with lint which was preventing the cables from seating properly in the port. Cleaned it out with the end of a straightened paper clip and it was good to go; never had another problem with it. If I had, I would have just turned it over to AT&T for replacement under their insurance which I carry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom