Anyone tried these phone chargers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some micro USB ones and they work ok. The main problem I have come across with some of them is they heat up at the magnetic connection point. Another issue is they are MUCH more expensive for a quality cable. Once the plug is inserted into the phone they can be a pain to take back out and if you have a case on the phone you will likely have to open up the area around the charge port as the magnetic connection generally requires more space than a standard cable. And the cost of that cable adds up if you want to be able to charge in the vehicle and at home gotta buy two whole cables and toss a second plug into the junk drawer to be lost forever. Multiple devices is more cables and when I say more expensive it's to the point of nearly ten to one.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Droids are literally the best phones to buy if you want to get hacked.

Never had an issue with several iPhones...iPads and now a couple of MacBook Pros.... cables and such have been fine.... but we now use the magnetic docks.

Have had Android phones for quite some time, going on 20 years, I think, and if anyone "hacks" my phone, they won't get much other than maybe a few contacts. I use the "smart" more than I use the phone.

Also, I'm never going to be one of those that HAS TO HAVE the latest iteration of a phone or anything else. I've known a few folks that go stand in line at the Apple store EVERY time a new iPeed product comes out.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have had Android phones for quite some time, going on 20 years, I think, and if anyone "hacks" my phone, they won't get much other than maybe a few contacts. I use the "smart" more than I use the phone.

Also, I'm never going to be one of those that HAS TO HAVE the latest iteration of a phone or anything else. I've known a few folks that go stand in line at the Apple store EVERY time a new iPeed product comes out.

Interesting, how have you've owned Android phones 10 years before the first Android product was released?

I can't speak for those that stand in line or those that upgrade every year, or even every other year, because that's not me.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting, how have you've owned Android phones 10 years before the first Android product was released?

I can't speak for those that stand in line or those that upgrade every year, or even every other year, because that's not me.
The old flip phones were't android?
What were they called?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought I was having a problem with my last iPhone’s charging port when no charging cable would stay seated in the port. After checking the port with a lighted magnifying glass, however, I discovered it was clogged with lint which was preventing the cables from seating properly in the port. Cleaned it out with the end of a straightened paper clip and it was good to go; never had another problem with it. If I had, I would have just turned it over to AT&T for replacement under their insurance which I carry.
I had the same experience -- it acted like the charging port was worn but fishing around in it with paperclip I was able to extract a large slug of lint: problem solved

Latest posts

Top Bottom