Anyone tried these phone chargers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fair enough! I agree with big red tho, they can be a ball and chain. I try to leave mine at home or in the car when I'm with the family.

I’m not tethered to mine either. It might buzz in my pocket and someone will ask if I need to get that call/text/email. I just smile and say I’ll get it when I have time.
Wife and I have a policy that when we go out to dine, phones not allowed. It’s our private time together.
I hate watching an entire family come to a restaurant, sit down, order food, get on their phones and never speak a word during the entire event.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate watching an entire family come to a restaurant, sit down, order food, get on their phones and never speak a word during the entire event.
I'd look at it as one less set of voices to drown out the conversation I want to hear.

I did hear one guy say that when he and his friends get seated at a restaurant, they all put their phones face-down in the middle of the table, and the first one to pick up his phone also has to pick up the tab.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FWIW, before I retired, I had to deal with a large number of iPads. Apple doesn't design the cables to fail, but they don't spend one cent more than necessary on them; they're certainly not up to the quality of their devices, and we had to replace many of them. The one I use to charge my iPhone had its outer sheath split, and was starting to fray the braided metal sheath underneath, and I know I don't pull on the cable. (Some self-amalgamating tape dealt with that, BTW.)

For the most part, I use Amazon Basics or Anker braided cables for my Apple and USB-C devices. They're much better built cables.

Latest posts

Top Bottom