Anyone want to start loading 300winmag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WHAT?!?!?!?! Giving UP?!?!?!?!
Yep I fought that rifle for two years looking for a load and getting beat up in the process I give it to my son in law he killed a cow elk on the Oklahoma draw hunt and put it in the back of the safe and never touched it again so I decided to try again NOPE NO MORE IM DONE!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep I fought that rifle for two years looking for a load and getting beat up in the process I give it to my son in law he killed a cow elk on the Oklahoma draw hunt and put it in the back of the safe and never touched it again so I decided to try again NOPE NO MORE IM DONE!
Pretty brutal recoil, and muzzle blast for sure.

ChrisWilson

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been reloading that round for years, I’ve got a Browning Gold Medalian in 300Mag, loves everything I put in it, I load for what I’m hunting, 180 gr hot loads for elk, 150gr for deer and if I’m hunting over a peanut field I got an 125 gr load that will reach out there! Taken lots of deer, an elk and pronghorn with it! If you reload it’s a very versatile round, you don’t have to load to full win mag specs for it if hunting deer or smaller. When I first got it I didn’t have a lot of money and was looking for a round I could use for just about everything, there are a lot of options in the 30 cal world compared to other calibers at the time and the price of a box of 300 WM would give anyone reason to reload!

Latest posts

Top Bottom