Anyone who is an attorney or knows one that will take a TCPA case?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got one call shortly after being on the "do not call" list (don't even remember what the guy was selling). I asked for a phone number and his extension in case we got disconnected. He gave it to me.

I then told him I was on the "do not call" list, and asked if he would please remove my name from their database.

Never heard from 'em again.
:drunk2:

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The do not call list means nothing IMO, and I can't imagine any Attorney, no matter how hungry taking a case like this.

Do like the rest of the world, get a spam blocker, or don't answer a call from any unknown number. Answering the phone to tell them to take you off the list just validates your number as a live number, it won't reduce the number of calls you get. I think once you answer the folks actually pass your number around just to screw with you.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to just deal with it since not answering isnt a option since i use my phone for work also and on 24/7/365 call and i have people calling at all hours day and night and plus i use a ear piece cause sometimes i got my hands full with live voltage lines not going to drop one in my lap just to see who is calling.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of he companies doing the calls are registered offshore. The person, if there is one, doing the talking is generally a$7/hr flunkie that don't know nuthin, but an read a script.

This is the reason it's impossible to stop the calls. Even if you win the case, all you have is a judgement that is impossible to collect, against a company that is either impossible to track down, or no longer exists.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just don't answer and let the call go to voice mail. If it is really someone important, they will leave a message.

This is what I do ^^^^^. I had Truecaller blocking app, now switched to an ATT blocking app. We get calls wanting to buy our house for cash or auto warranty bullchit.

Last edited:

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I get some text messages on the cell, a lot of them are looking for one specific female.
They will say "Hey (female name), let us...
...help you getting the disability benefits you deserve."
...get health insurance/medicaid/medicare."
...give you a Kohl's card for thousands [don't say thousands of what]."

Well I got a text msg today that was a spammer.
It said "Hey Beautiful! This all belongs to you!"
Followed by some kind of link to something.

^^^Since they started off with "Hey Beautiful," they sure as hell don't know me.

HeyEng

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing the DNC list is good for is getting a great database of good numbers for these illegal telemarketers. If there was a great deal of money to be made on this by attorneys, you would see commercials blaring on the TV/radio all day, everyday. But guess what? Yep...not worth their time, especially since almost ALL clients want this done on a contingency basis.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't had a land line in years, and if I get a call on my cell that doesn't link to one of my contacts, I don't answer. I figure if it's important, they'll leave a message. Hell, I got about 4 robocalls today alone. A couple of them even say "United States". Very important sounding...but probably NOT the FBI.

As far as taking a case to court, it's going to be tough. Spoofing numbers is easy enough you can't just say "That's the number that called, so ACME must've called and shall be punished". More likely, it's some overseas shell corporation. Any attorney taking the case would basically spend the next several months trying to track down the phantom Keyser Soze of Sri Lanka. Who has no money.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been on the State and Federal DNC list for years. They still call.

If I’m bored I’ll mess with them. They finally got tired of telling me that they were from Windows and were receiving error messages from my computer and I’m still waiting on the IRS to come and arrest me.

If I don’t recognize the number as local, I let it go to voice mail. If they don’t leave a message, they get blocked. If it’s a local number, I’ll answer. If they ask for me by name without identifying themselves first, I’ll ask who is calling. If they start with a sales pitch, I hang up and block the number.

I have an app on my phone now called YouMail and my calls have dropped a LOT.

Latest posts

Top Bottom