Property Buyer Calls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own several rentals and get the calls several times per day. The majority come through as spam so I don't answer. The thing I find odd is occasionally when I answer, they are wanting to buy my parents' house or their rentals; properties I've never owned.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I get the phone calls and letters. Occasionally, I'll pull the "I'll take x amount of money". But what I really don't like is the letters using photos of my house. I know they're getting the photo from the assessor, or maybe google, but I still don't like it. As for the phone calls, it's most common for a computer to call, and then there's a short space before anybody gets on the line. I hang up now when there's not somebody immediately on the line.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both my phone and my wife's (IPhone13s, using T-Mobile service) are set to ignore any number not already in our 'contacts' list. Phone doesn't even vibrate, much less ring out loud. If the call really is important, the caller can leave a voice message.

Works well.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly believe there are phone lists that are bought and sold around the internet. Someone gets a bad number, and they flag it because now I don't get but maybe one spam call a week.
There are definitely phone number/Personal info lists being sold all over the place, just as there are email lists being sold.

I was getting a lot of calls offering to buy a house I sold a few years ago. I would tell them that I would be happy to sell it to them, as I no longer own it and would love to sell it twice. I then ask them what their bottom dollar is and do everything I can to keep them on the phone, start asking for a manager. If you keep them busy enough, they stay confused and will stay on the phone a few minutes.

Jeff Rasberry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I get a call from a number I don't know I answer with WHY? Then repeat WHY to anything they say. If it's a computer generated call it seems to confuse the computer,if it's a person they either hang up or get pissed and often will give me a cussing to which I once again say WHY. So no matter what they say always say WHY.

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get three calls per week. Normally tell them, " $450,000 - wire transfer or cash by close of business Friday - and I have two years to vacant the premise".
Or
"how much drug cartel money do you want to spend?"

Latest posts

Top Bottom