Property Buyer Calls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you get constant calls for someone wanting to buy your house or property? It's bad for me, don't know how they associate my number with the house, but they do. I live in a hot rental area, so they are desperate to buy. I usually say sure if you want to give me $500,000 for it (worth about half that or so). They look at the numbers and say "I'll pass". Google is my phone carrier and does a good job with labeling the calls as SPAM, but I just like screwing with them too much to ignore them.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was getting those calls for a few years about 6-12 daily.
I finally began telling them my name is not Jeff Sw+++++ it is Mike Ste++++ and I rent I do not own a house do you have any I could buy??

It took about 150 calls to finally put a dent in that system and now i may get 1 a day but more like 3 a week.

You can look up on the county sight and see who owns what and your number was recorded with the county most likely when you bought your home.

I have a friend that messes up 1 digit in his phone number when he must add it to something.
Genius.

I have kept all my letters of people that want to buy my houses.
I have a stack of them.
I figure if I can find someone that sent 3 or more i could sue them for making me feel stalked.

EEEHHHHH people sue for less.
Not that I will sue but it is in the back of my head on thoughts that will stop this crap.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have 4 rentals and get 10-15 calls a day and at least 4-5 texts. Usually the texts are in my MIL name (who passed several years ago) she never had anything to do with any of the properties. Have gotten a few on my house I live in. I always answer but don't say anything. Then I mark the phone # as spam. It does get old. I did tell 1 lady once I would take $200,000. for a property and she asked to set up a meeting. Property is worth maybe $80,000.

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was getting those calls for a few years about 6-12 daily.
I finally began telling them my name is not Jeff Sw+++++ it is Mike Ste++++ and I rent I do not own a house do you have any I could buy??

It took about 150 calls to finally put a dent in that system and now i may get 1 a day but more like 3 a week.

You can look up on the county sight and see who owns what and your number was recorded with the county most likely when you bought your home.

I have a friend that messes up 1 digit in his phone number when he must add it to something.
Genius.

I have kept all my letters of people that want to buy my houses.
I have a stack of them.
I figure if I can find someone that sent 3 or more i could sue them for making me feel stalked.

EEEHHHHH people sue for less.
Not that I will sue but it is in the back of my head on thoughts that will stop this crap.
I always subtract one number from my phone number on any thing that wants it. I always felt bad for that poor dumb bastard that had that number.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, but what I do get from time to time are people telling me they’ve reviewed my home loan and can save me a ton of money. What’s funny is I’ve never had a loan on this house.

Last edited:

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you get constant calls for someone wanting to buy your house or property? It's bad for me, don't know how they associate my number with the house, but they do. I live in a hot rental area, so they are desperate to buy. I usually say sure if you want to give me $500,000 for it (worth about half that or so). They look at the numbers and say "I'll pass". Google is my phone carrier and does a good job with labeling the calls as SPAM, but I just like screwing with them too much to ignore them.
I’d talk to them and discuss prices and keep them going for as long as I could and get their hopes up when I got tired of it I’d just say “ forget it, I changed my mind” and then just hang up !

Latest posts

Top Bottom