Property Buyer Calls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get a lot of calls also. .....A LOT.

I think it's corporate hedge funds buying up property, using smaller buyers as a front.

I usually try to talk to the people and ask who the "real" buyers are. They usually respond with "I'm the buyer", but I then ask why not buy from what's already listed for sale. Curiously, the buyers are usually out of state. (Read: they're the middle-man)

If the BIG fish are buying as much HARD-tangible assets at any means possible - even cold-calling people. Then consider: what do they know that we don't?

I'm thinking a massive economic downturn, or the dollar loosing any value. Spend the dollars to get REAL assets.

Curious times ahead.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have voicemail, and I don't answer numbers that I don't have in my address book with a name attached to it. Works out pretty well.

I used to be the same way, but back a couple of months ago, I got a call that my phone said was from New York. And no, I don't know anyone there. But I did catch just enough of the robocall message that they wanted me to confirm my eye injection shot that was coming up in a few days.

Normally, I hung up on out of state callers and robocalls, but with so many places now farming out some of their "services" to out of state entities, I now pretty much answer every call. Which isn't really a problem as I seldom ever get calls.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate telemarketers and scammers. I have my phone set to silence unknown callers, but I get at least one text a week from someone wanting to buy the westernmost 80 acres of my place up there. I normally ignore and delete them, but if I’m bored, I string them along for a while before telling them to go screw themselves.🤣

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For years before cell phones took over l kept a boat horn beside the garage phone and a police whistle in the house beside the phone and they both worked quite well. Nowadays when the cell phone says it's a spam caller if SWMBO isn't in the living room I still zap em with the boat horn. Be surprised how few spam calls l get these days

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't get any calls but I do get letters about my land.
Yeah, I get letters, too. My mom passed last summer, so I've been dealing with my folks' farm and some family property in Seminole county. Now I'm getting letters about buying my place, my folks' farm, and the family property. The funniest one was the letter that offered condolences on my loss and offered to help me by taking the estate's property off my hands...but they listed MY place's address as being part of the estate.

I'm kind of surprised that they haven't offered to buy the house where I grew up from me.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are always getting mail offering to buy our farmland that get tossed into the trash.
Used to get a half dozen or more calls from numbers I didn't know every day until I started answering the phone in a real manly gruff voice......Kay County Sherriff's office, how can I help you.
Crickets and a quick hang-up.
I honestly believe there are phone lists that are bought and sold around the internet. Someone gets a bad number, and they flag it because now I don't get but maybe one spam call a week.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many of you get constant calls for someone wanting to buy your house or property? It's bad for me, don't know how they associate my number with the house, but they do. I live in a hot rental area, so they are desperate to buy. I usually say sure if you want to give me $500,000 for it (worth about half that or so). They look at the numbers and say "I'll pass". Google is my phone carrier and does a good job with labeling the calls as SPAM, but I just like screwing with them too much to ignore them.
It's a buyers market.
I'll call yall soon

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom