Appendix Glock 19 carry help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing about appendix carry is you rally have to wear pants that are higher in the waist than normal. I cant do Appendix carry, high waist pants drive me nuts

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you carry and how high do your pants come up. I found that what I normally wear, like 550 levis for instance (I normaly wear 34w30l ) it binds and or when I sit up straight I get the butt of the slide up in my gut. To fix that, I had to wear 34w 32l which has a higher rise in the seat and waist I just simply went back to 3 oclock after 4 months of trying to get used to it

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My two carry guns are a Glock 17 and a M&P Shield. I wear my jeans on the hips. Hip bones even with the top of the belt line. I can't stand to have any pants higher unless they are suit or tux pants. The muzzle of the Glock isn't an issue. I know a couple of guys that carry a Glock 34 in a Keeper without issue. The narrow cut of the holster with the foam wedge allow for a comfortable carry.

With an appendix holster any extra material can make it uncomfortable. I tried the INCOG for a bit. I never liked it. The Keeper worked without any adjustment period. The nice thing about the Keeper. If you don't like it you can sell it. Especially with it fitting a Glock 19. Now keep in mind some people just can't make appendix carry work. Their body structure just isn't conducive to it. You have to find what works for you.

I'll be getting issued a Glock 34 in the next few months. If I can swing it I'll be buying a Keeper for it as well.

callmecamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only reason I'm selling that one is I'm switching to an M&P fullsize to go with my Shield. They'll both reside in Keeper's AIWB holsters.

Thanks Shadow, but I'm considering trying the belt loop attachment method over the clip method. $150 is also a little salty for me.

As for fitment, I have no issue with my pants until I get in a vehicle. I like the holster to ride a little lower when standing and then hike my pants up a little when I sit or get in a car. I don't like the muzzle pointing at my crotch but I'm not sure there's much you can do about that one while sitting.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you guys not have the end of the gun jabbing you in the thigh or dude bits when you sit down while carrying AIWB? I like that style of carrying while standing/walking around, but once I sit, aw hell naw.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Shadow, but I'm considering trying the belt loop attachment method over the clip method. $150 is also a little salty for me.

As for fitment, I have no issue with my pants until I get in a vehicle. I like the holster to ride a little lower when standing and then hike my pants up a little when I sit or get in a car. I don't like the muzzle pointing at my crotch but I'm not sure there's much you can do about that one while sitting.

The Keeper holster does have a belt loop attachment, the Errand uses a clip.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you guys not have the end of the gun jabbing you in the thigh or dude bits when you sit down while carrying AIWB? I like that style of carrying while standing/walking around, but once I sit, aw hell naw.

The replaceable/movable foam wedge Spencer puts on the aids in comfort down there. That and the narrow design of the holster at the muzzle keeps encroachment to a minimum. If you pants are loose enough its a non issue. I have a couple pairs of Wranglers that are not the slim cut style. However, they aren't baggy either. Those can cause some discomfort while sitting. However its nothing that will ruin your day over it. The only time its a real issue is when I'm carrying my Glock 17 and find myself hunkered over my desk working on something. leaning back or just sitting strait up solves that.

I'll generally reach down and adjust the muzzle end a bit after I sit down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom