April 2013 Wanenmacher knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Although it is bigger than the "average" necker, I've got some LE friends that carry it as such. A bit of a design flaw being so big - "Gee Bill, not everyone is 6'2".......got it.

i660.photobucket.com_albums_uu322_4mac_photos_GK16.jpg

That's the knife I carried while in the Afghan.

"Gk1" is that name of the knife. Every base has a letter/number designator. My assigned base in the Phoenix AO/Kabul was Camp Eggers or Gk1.

I don't wear it as a necker either. Just didn't know how else to refer to it. I like the size of it and actually prefer it to the ridgeback because of the grip size. Feels better to me because the grip reaches all the way to the back edge of my palm. Both are aweosme, but the Gk1 is favored.

Bill Coye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't wear it as a necker either. Just didn't know how else to refer to it. I like the size of it and actually prefer it to the ridgeback because of the grip size. Feels better to me because the grip reaches all the way to the back edge of my palm. Both are aweosme, but the Gk1 is favored.

Right on. I've also seen guys screw the sheath right on to the riser of their off-hand boot.

Below is a quick phone pic from today of a security guard showing me he does carry his as a necker. I took the Tek Lok off of the sheath and just stuck mine in my cargo pocket. Good to see those knives out there working.

i660.photobucket.com_albums_uu322_4mac_photos_dc7c1308_a915_45e9_af69_41cccbe96e0c_zps3e1a6161.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom