AR-15 100 Round Drums

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beta's are ok functionally, I'd say they work most of the time. I prefer regular 30 round pmags for price, reliability, portability, and weight. Your trigger finger might be tired hehe, 75-100 rounds in semi auto is kinda silly. Much better on auto. A drum in an auto actually makes it feel like you're in the movies for a few seconds.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Novelty ammo waster IMHO, not tactically smart for gun fighting. Heavy, and if it malfunctions you have to discard whatever's left in the drum.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You need to be careful of brand. I have no experience with the Korean stuff but don't put a lot of faith in them. Have a few betas. 9mm ones are great. 223 is ok and fun on full auto. Sort of like sticking a 32 round mag in a glock 26. Might seem cool to start with but it takes A LONG time to empty.

ratski is correct.

The Beta ones run great, yes you have to lube them with grafite that is supplied with them. I would not trust the knock offs from China and Korea. The shure fire are also great running mags. The betas were not ment to be carried on your rifle all the time, because they are so heavy, but some do.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those of us that bought 1000rd cases of 5.56 for $110 shipped a few years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I stocked up, but the cost to replace what I have has actually affected my shooting a lot lately. I only go on well-planned out trips and I even had to have a talk with my kids about wasting ammo when plinking. We try to make every shot count (either for learning or for fun), and that rarely involves a mag-dump (which is one of the main things I've seen folks at the range with a Beta-mag or other drum doing - not that everyone who owns one does that).

white92coupe

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I stocked up, but the cost to replace what I have has actually affected my shooting a lot lately. I only go on well-planned out trips and I even had to have a talk with my kids about wasting ammo when plinking. We try to make every shot count (either for learning or for fun), and that rarely involves a mag-dump (which is one of the main things I've seen folks at the range with a Beta-mag or other drum doing - not that everyone who owns one does that).

The only reason I ever do mag dumps is to make sure my weapon cycles properly without me having to rack a slide or the charging handle.

Plus, it is fun. I won't be doing them anymore until ammo comes WAY down in price. I did two mag dumps when my AR was not feeding rounds. I lubed her up, put a mag in and went to town and functioned flawlessly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom