ar scope for predators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need a new scope for my ar it will be used mainly for predator hunting and plinking at metallic silhouttes. Want to keep it under $300
Anybody use the Nikon m223 or coyote special?
Any better suggestions?
I like the 2-7 Nikon I put on my BP rifle is why I'm considering another Nikon.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never used a nikon scope but I'm sure they are fine. I keep my coyote scope set on 5 power almost all the time. Every once in awhile I crank is up if one is hung up a long way out and I have lots of time to shoot but that happens once every few years. Any 3-9 or 2-7 or 4-12 would do nicely and if it has a bullet drop compensator in it calibrated for .223, that should be really nice.

SWRhodd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Nikon M-223 2-8x32 w/BBC 600 reticle. I really enjoy it The glass is real clear and crisp. Also, you can go onto the Nikon SpotOn website and select the load you are shooting to fine tune your rifle, so to speak. And for the price and quality, Nikon is hard to beat.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered a M223 (2-8x32) and LaRue LT104 Friday to put on my AR for yokes and 2 gun matches. If it wasn't for the matches I probably would have went with the 4-12x42.
Natchez has refurbished Nikons and I got my M223 for about $200 which is normally $339 +/-
If you want I will let you know what i think of it when it comes in this week.

You might also look into the Leupold Mark AR.

bman940

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ed, We just came out with a new P-223 AR Scope. Built on the PROSTAFF platform this new scope comes in a 3-9x40 BDC retcle which you can dial in to your specific ammo utilizing
Nikon's Spot On Ballistic Program. This new scope will be available the end of Feb. I have been told and will retail for under $200. We just unveiled it 2 weeks ago at Shot Show and the response was great! We also have a new P-Series AR Mount. It is a 2 piece mount that retails for under $50. You can check them out at Nikonhunting.com if you are interested? I use a
Nikon Coyote Special 4.5-14 on my predator hunting rig. The BDC reticle allows me to pick up fast moving critters quickly and get a shot off. I would encourage you to check one out before you
buy just to make sure the circles will work for you. This scope isn't built for punching small holes in paper targets but for putting big holes in Coyotes. Here's a pic of my DPMS Prairie Panther
and my Nikon AR Mount and Coyote Special Scope. So far I am 7:7 on Coyotes with this rig. Feel free to drop me a note if you have any Nikon Scope questions.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/CoyoteSPrairepanther_2-2.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the Nikon Coyote in 3X9 on my Rem r-15. As has been said, its not a paper puncher, but I've taken my share of coyotes with it, and a few deer out to 275 yds.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_b10b2341.jpg

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got mine all setup the other day. Haven't shot it yet but everything seem pretty good so far (I really like the mount) I wanna test out the ability of the "fast action" turret and repeatability the QD Mount.
I ended up getting the M223 2-8x32 for just at $200
[Broken External Image]

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy just got his red dot scope in for his AR. We just threw it on real quick in the office and did some quick aiming. Having never played with one before, I loved it. For quick target acquisition, it seems like it would be hard to beat. We don't shoot very far, so it isn't for distance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom