ar scope for predators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don't shoot very far, so it isn't for distance.

Words to live by if your looking for any optic on an AR or any other rifle for that matter.
I prefer the Bushnell Trophy on my steel challenge gun mounted forward to help with the MZ flip. I have the Mark III hunter. Not enough free space on the muzzle to thread for a brake due to the flutes.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might have to look into the refurb from Natchez. That sounds like a pretty awesome deal.

Do they offer any kind of warranty on it?

That was my only draw back at first, it has a 90 day instead of a lifetime
But if you want that warm fuzzy feeling salesman pitch, the guy told me they have never had a refurb nikon come back... It was enough to talk me into getting it :)

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got mine all setup the other day. Haven't shot it yet but everything seem pretty good so far (I really like the mount) I wanna test out the ability of the "fast action" turret and repeatability the QD Mount.
I ended up getting the M223 2-8x32 for just at $200
[Broken External Image]

looks good. let us know how you like it. Ive been thinking about getting an M223 scope for my AR as well.

67RS/SSx2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Remington R-15 with the Nikon Coyote (like the one Dennis posted above). I like the scope. My only complaint is the matching scope rings are slightly too low making it difficult to line it up, my cheek hits the stock before I get it sighted, if that makes any sense.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
67RS/SSx2 said:
I have a Remington R-15 with the Nikon Coyote (like the one Dennis posted above). I like the scope. My only complaint is the matching scope rings are slightly too low making it difficult to line it up, my cheek hits the stock before I get it sighted, if that makes any sense.

It does make sense. Keep in mind the AR platform stock is in line with the muzzle, vs a bolt gun where there is a drop at the comb(pistol grip) allowing the eye to line up on the scope naturally.
For a scope mounted on an AR, you will have to buy rings designed for use on an AR, or in your case Nikon sells a riser in the same camo pattern that will add about 1/2" of height to your scope making it much better to get a good sight picture. You will love the difference it makes.
they are around $34.00 + shipping. or the hi scope rings.

41LJys5V-SL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
REM19449lg.jpg

Last edited:

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does make sense. Keep in mind the AR platform stock is in line with the muzzle, vs a bolt gun where there is a drop at the comb(pistol grip) allowing the eye to line up on the scope naturally.
For a scope mounted on an AR, you will have to buy rings designed for use on an AR, or in your case Nikon sells a riser in the same camo pattern that will add about 1/2" of height to your scope making it much better to get a good sight picture. You will love the difference it makes.
they are around $34.00 + shipping. or the hi scope rings.

View attachment 18838
View attachment 18837

Exactly....
Look at how the scope and mount sits on my AR. The mount sits up higher, but when you shoulder the gun your looking right down the scope.

Latest posts

Top Bottom