AR specific Range Bag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a range bag that is specifically made for multiple AR mags and sturdy enough to hold 8 or 10 loaded? My old 5.11 bag has finally fallen apart, but all I see are made for pistol & pistol mags or just large empty bags. I use an eagle industries AR bag that has a few slots for mags, but I'm looking for another smaller bag that will hold heavy loaded mags to drag along, or for a bug out ammo bag. Metal ammo cans are great for storage but I don't want to drag one every time I shoot

Thanks

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a Condor 42" double rifle bag that has 3 molle mag pouches on the front and a couple extra pockets. Has backpack straps as well. Only complaint is lack of just plain shoulder strap but that is pretty minor.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a MidwayUSA branded rifle bag, and it has pockets to accomodate five 30-round AR mags, one 20-round AR mag, and a huge accessory pocket that I keep two 40-round mags and one 30-round mag in. It does fine whether the mags are loaded or not, but when loaded it's a hefty bag, being that it also has a rifle in it.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I guess I didn't word it well. I'm looking for a small bag that will hold several loaded AR mags only, not another rifle bag, as I don't want to replace my Eagle Industries. I have canvas military tool bags, metal ammo cans, and a few pistol specific range bags, but they don't secure AR mags very well and they slide and bang around. I've seen several bags made only for spare pistol mags that hold 10 - 12 or so, but I can't find one that is made for, or has the proper velcro strapping for AR mags.

Latest posts

Top Bottom