Ar trigger polishing.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be a hypocrite if I said I haven't done a lot of "Mil-Spec+" trigger jobs, I'm just trying to discourage the use of anything abrasive on the surfaces. If you hit them with a little Flitz or Simichrome paste on a felt Dremel bob, then apply a quality grease to those surfaces, it's as good as possible with stock parts SAFELY. Adding the JP "yellow" springs and doing a speed cut on the hammer makes it that much better, but use the "red" duty springs if you're going to use it for defense. Regardless, always conduct all required safety checks with an empty gun before adding live ammo!

http://guns.wonderhowto.com/how-to/perform-functions-check-your-own-ar-15-rifle-267086/

The reason Geissele and other top notch triggers are so much better is because most are two stage instead of single stage and more importantly, the hammer/trigger engagement is neutral, rather than positive. That means when you pull the trigger, the hammer is released from the same position it's in at rest. With a mil-spec single stage, the trigger pulls the hammer back a few thousandths of an inch further back before releasing it.

Hope this helps!

Latest posts

Top Bottom