AR Triggers for rapid fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I would have never tried a Geiselle. It would have been cheaper that way. Now all my AR's have Geiselle's in them. They are awesome. I've had a lot of guys that are and aren't avid AR shooters, who shoot one of my AR's, ask what trigger I'm running. Without me saying anything before they try it. The SSA-E usually get's noticed more than the SSA.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a RRA 2 Stage trigger I will sale you....it got replaced with a Geissele in an AR15 "A2" style. You will notice a massive difference in slow OR rapid fire.

A two-stage RRA is what I'm running now (thanks for the offer anyway); as infrequently as I shoot an AR, I'm really not all that perceptive, apparently, of its improvement on the stock trigger during rapid fire at targets no more than 25 yards away. That's why I asked about a comparison between the RRA trigger and the Geiselle / JP variety - if it's not immediately obvious to me that the RRA is worlds better than the stock trigger, then would the G / JP triggers be worth the extra money, is what I've been wondering.

Thanks to all for your input!

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took a stock CMMG set, welded under the rear and filed the weld down to where I only had .002" trigger play with the safety on. Then I did the same on the front underside to minimize over travel. Then I polished the mating surfaces. I have about a 6-7 lbs pull with a very short reset.

J&P says the trigger/hammer hardness is not deep enough, and it won't last as long, but for the price, it will do for now.

TulsaGeoff

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread got me started in looking. Was about to get the Jard 1.5lb then decided on the Geissele S3G for my 15-22. $220 on the credit card :/ The trigger looks interesting. It is described of having a ball bearing feel with not a clear glass rod breaking point. Now I'll be able to compare it to my trigger with JP yellow springs, set screw, "speed modded" hammer, sanded/polished stock hack job trigger in my Daniel Defense m4. I'm thinking its going to be money.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Geoff, you perfectly described the S3G trigger. The number one thing I hear people say when they try my trigger,'there's no wall, it just breaks without any warning'. And that's the way I like it. I just squeeze back and bam, the 500 yard plate ringing. To me, it takes the anticipation and flinch out of it. And it is smooth, like ball bearings I guess.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A two-stage RRA is what I'm running now (thanks for the offer anyway); as infrequently as I shoot an AR, I'm really not all that perceptive, apparently, of its improvement on the stock trigger during rapid fire at targets no more than 25 yards away. That's why I asked about a comparison between the RRA trigger and the Geiselle / JP variety - if it's not immediately obvious to me that the RRA is worlds better than the stock trigger, then would the G / JP triggers be worth the extra money, is what I've been wondering.

Thanks to all for your input!

If you have a RRA 2 stage, I don't think you would notice much difference with a Giessele at <25 yards. The reason I switched triggers was more I wanted a 'combat' non adjustable trigger in this rifle. Even the RRA is a pretty big jump from a 'mil-spec' trigger.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One you try a quality trigger you'll never go back to stock. There are several very nice triggers, CMC, Timeny, JP, & Giessele are all awesome. If RRA is your budget try a set of $12 JP springs on your stock trigger before buying the RRA and hold out until you can afford a better trigger.

If you're just running mag dumps into the berm you'll probably never realize the difference, if you're trying to put rounds on a target rapidly a good comp and trigger will make all the difference.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, I have never tried the RRA trigger. I went from the stock run of the mill LPK trigger to a SSA-E and never looked back. It has half the reset of a standard trigger and I love the the first stage letup with the nice break of the second stage for "precision" stuff. Since you have the RRA, I would try to find someone that is local that has one of the Geiselle triggers and try it out for yourself.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One you try a quality trigger you'll never go back to stock. There are several very nice triggers, CMC, Timeny, JP, & Giessele are all awesome. If RRA is your budget try a set of $12 JP springs on your stock trigger before buying the RRA and hold out until you can afford a better trigger.

If you're just running mag dumps into the berm you'll probably never realize the difference, if you're trying to put rounds on a target rapidly a good comp and trigger will make all the difference.

This. A stock mil-spec set with a fluff & buff, speed hammer cut and JP springs is actually a pretty decent trigger for very little coin. Personally, I don't think the RRA 2 stage has quite enough reset to make it fast, but it has a light, crisp break. I'd think it to be a good trigger on a hunting or target gun, but I wouldn't necessarily want it on a game or street gun.

For a game gun I really like the Geissele S3G and dynamic series triggers. For the street, I really prefer the 2 stage trigger that the SSA gives. It's a greater margin of control and predictability to prevent a bang under stress when you're not quite ready for one.

The Geissele SSF in my RR M16 is a mix of both. The semi position gives you a 2 stage with a crisp, clean break while the auto position is a rolling single stage with a little extra sear engagement. The difference between it and the stock Colt FA pull is astounding. Burst control is nearly telepathic, whereas the stock unit was jump on, jump off as fast as you can for control.

Quite a few of the AR trigger companies turn out a nice product. I'm just astounded how well Geissele turns out a wide range of completely different triggers, and all of them work very well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom