AR10 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyMD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I beleive PSA now owns PTAC. I ordered one of the tac 10 blems so I'll let you guys know how it goes. From what I've read on other forums, most DPMS parts will work, except for the bolt catch.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've done lots of research on the PSA AR-10 gun and here's my conclusion. If you are going to buy an AR-10 from PSA, buy the PSA LPK with it. The parts that are proprietary are stupid little things like pivot pins and bolt catch roll pin. To make matters worse PSA doesn't sell the components custom to their gun in a kit by themselves, you have to buy their whole $150 LPK to get them, only way.

If you're going to go PSA, not that it's a bad decision, I recommend you go all PSA everything to avoid issues. What I am more interested in and havent seen yet is what is the accuracy like on these guns.

BeRotten

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used this set for my build.
http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/product.m5-308-combo-set-stripped-upper-39-993

They certainly are worth looking at. Mine went together without a hitch and, so far, shoots about everything I've tried into 3/4 to 1 1/2 inch groups.
If you go this way be sure to get the LPK http://www.schuylerarmsco.com/product.aero-precision-m5-308-lower-parts-kit-993 or at least the takedown/pivot pins from Aero as they are a little longer than standard DPMS pins. You can use DPMS pins but they won't stick out, so you have to use a bullet tip or punch to get them started out.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would either go all PSA or none. Check out Mega

Plus one on the Mega, they make quality stuff. Its very fairly priced for the quality you get. As long as you stick with lr308 stuff and stay away from ar10 parts you'll be good. Just keep in mind they make lr308 uppers in high and low rail heights so make sure you get a rail that is gonna match the upper.

You can find all the info you need about building a lr308 or ar10 at 308AR.com

Latest posts

Top Bottom