Are there any falconers in the group?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dearly love to watch those birds in action. If you get into it, or find some falconers, let us know. I'd travel some to watch them. There is a lot involved, and it takes a lot of time.
I believe there is a yearly event in NW OK or in panhandle where they meet up, There has been a show or two on "Outdoor Oklahoma." I too would like to watch the action. There is some old footage on youtube of Mongolians on horseback with Golden Eagles hunting wolves that's very impressive. The wolves appear to be a smaller breed than we usually envision, more large coyote (or Red Wolf) like but none the less Bad Ass. ( bucket listable )

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That group came out to Sooner Power Plant for a public demo day several years ago. Very interesting. Not long after that OG&E bought two falcon fledgling's to put in cages on the structure. They were fed dead quail every day without seeing the human feeding them until they grew wings, then the cages were opened up.
The purpose was for them to help eliminate the pidgin issue. Their poop was everywhere. They did a pretty good job. Interesting to watch them flush the birds, then pick one off in mid flight.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That group came out to Sooner Power Plant for a public demo day several years ago. Very interesting. Not long after that OG&E bought two falcon fledgling's to put in cages on the structure. They were fed dead quail every day without seeing the human feeding them until they grew wings, then the cages were opened up.
The purpose was for them to help eliminate the pidgin issue. Their poop was everywhere. They did a pretty good job. Interesting to watch them flush the birds, then pick one off in mid flight.

You and a couple of your buddies could have probably ended that issue in 1 or 2 weekends if they had allowed you to handle it your way.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You and a couple of your buddies could have probably ended that issue in 1 or 2 weekends if they had allowed you to handle it your way.
They used to allow the employees to shotgun them. Even supplying AA trap loads. The Plant manager made it a rule that if you came out after hours or on days off to kill them, you had to pick up the hulls and the bird carcasses to be disposed of.
Of course, a couple of the slobs didn't do either. The PM gave a warning and said no more warning. Those were the rules.
Didn't take long and the lazy slobs left a ton of hulls on the ground, and it got shut down. Just takes a few to ruin it for everyone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom