Are you as boring as J.T.? Watch live coverage of the spillway @ Texoma!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1.94 feet over at this time. Meanwhile all of this will be hitting in about a day or so, with chances of more for all the way through next weekend. Geeze....

Screen Shot 2015-05-25 at 12.17.01 PM.jpg

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not to my knowledge but it has got up high enough you couldnt take a boat under it, Hiway 70 east of the bridge has had some water over the hiway at times today since we have had heavy rain this evening in that area.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not to my knowledge but it has got up high enough you couldnt take a boat under it, Hiway 70 east of the bridge has had some water over the hiway at times today since we have had heavy rain this evening in that area.

WOW! I've fished at those submerged trees close to the shore on the east side and on the south side of the bridge many times. Grampa called them "the stumps". Killed many a crappie right there tied up to them.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it was closed in the flood in the 50's and again in 1990. It was almost closed in 2007, the water got up on the road at Johnson Creek then, but did not get out on the road way. As I posted before, I was a delivery driver for T.H. Roger in Madill in 1990 and the Roosevelt was closed, I had to detour through Little City to get back and forth between Durant and Madill.

Has it ever been closed before? I've ran a boat under that thing and drove over it many many times and this blows my mind.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Water is about 1 inch below the roadway at Johnson Creek as of midnight. I'm working hoot shift at HQ, and not sure how I'm getting home tomorrow back to madill. Sh22 is currently closed east of Tishomingo. Hopefully I can go thru Milburn and get home lol...

Latest posts

Top Bottom