Argentine Hi-Power?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdcrig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing an Argentine Hi-Power 9mm and was wondering if any of you had experience with them. Are they worth it? Should I just pony up the full price of a Belgian? Any advice or experience would be welcome.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never owned a belgian, but did have one of the argentine HPs. I believe made by FM, as opposed to FN. Sold it about ten years ago and it's at the top of my list of guns I regret selling and will own again. Very accurate, well made and fit/finish were good. Think I saw an ad in Shotgun News recently for them. Can't remember the price but seemed reasonable.

moguns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had several of the Arg H/p. They are a very well built handgun, and all mine were trouble free and accurate. I've seen them at some shows in the 300-400 range. They are very good for the price.

Retops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to live in Argentina and all the police and most of the military carried these excellent pistols. Mine was bought second hand and was in pretty rough condition, but was a great shooter. I later picked up a Belgian model and got rid of the Argentine, a decision I regret.

Randall

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have an Argentine and wouldn't think of selling it.It is an older one with the crummy sights and small safety lever but is accurate and has never failed to work.It's one of those guns where it points naturally and easy.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never had one of their Hi-Powers but have owned several other Argentine made firearms and all have been very good shooters.

I have a Ballester Molina 45 now that I really like.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
argintine funtion is just as good as anything FN ever made ,just dont get suckered into buying a hungarian HP, they look like a HP but are not, different design & parts,decent shooters but not a HP.

Latest posts

Top Bottom