Wood chipper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In Eastern OK (Stillwater to McAlester and East into AR) we don't carry hardly any. If the OP wants to call me at my office tomorrow, 918 302-3839 ask for Hoby, and let me know where he lives I can check surrounding locations to see what they have or steer him in the right direction.

If we don't have any available in our system locally/OK, the the OP has a tractor or access to one he can check with P&K Equipment/JD to see if they have a PTO powered unit for rent. Google search all equipment rental companies in your area and see who carries. 6" units are about the smallest I'd want to mess with but if you can find a 12" you'll find all sorts of fun stuff to do with it. IN Socal we rented the 18" vermeer models and those things are down right intimidating to use. Not as plentiful as one might think to rent. They tend to have a fair amount of maintenance on them.
Ok so you are the osa “Rental guy”. I’m making a mental note right now.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just do hugelkulture with the wood. Raised beds FTW
Already have a few raised beds. I don’t even have time to utilize them right now, and def don’t need to make more, since we’re hoping to move in the next year or two.
Check with United Rental. They will have different options
I think they were who I was looking at, a 12” model was $250 a day.
In Eastern OK (Stillwater to McAlester and East into AR) we don't carry hardly any. If the OP wants to call me at my office tomorrow, 918 302-3839 ask for Hoby, and let me know where he lives I can check surrounding locations to see what they have or steer him in the right direction.

If we don't have any available in our system locally/OK, the the OP has a tractor or access to one he can check with P&K Equipment/JD to see if they have a PTO powered unit for rent. Google search all equipment rental companies in your area and see who carries. 6" units are about the smallest I'd want to mess with but if you can find a 12" you'll find all sorts of fun stuff to do with it. IN Socal we rented the 18" vermeer models and those things are down right intimidating to use. Not as plentiful as one might think to rent. They tend to have a fair amount of maintenance on them.
I’ll have to give you a holler at another time, renting a chipper is likely 2 months out at this point. A tractor isn’t happening, we live on a city lot for the time being.

I didn’t see many in my dealership days. But man, the few I did deal with were a huge pain in the ass to work on. If I was in charge of a rental inventory, I wouldn’t keep many around.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wood chipping.... Hmmmm

I got an idea...

1695007102694.png

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that’s the case then leave the yard issues for the next owner. I’d utilize my time and money towards the actual house to make sure it’s good to go before selling. Yards don’t add appraised value to homes last time I checked.
Yards are huge for value., curb appeal. I had to do a major clearing of my last house pre sale took down at least a 1/2 dozen medium sized nitrogen fixing trees and chipped them with a rental chipper

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
If that’s the case then leave the yard issues for the next owner. I’d utilize my time and money towards the actual house to make sure it’s good to go before selling. Yards don’t add appraised value to homes last time I checked.
Yeah, the trees were leaning on power poles, leaning over/on the house, and generating warnings from the city for growing into the right of way. They had to go. Also, you should have seen my yard when we took the house back from the renters. That first month I filled a 40 yard dumpster with tile from the kitchen and bathroom, the rest was trumpet vines and limbs/garbage from the back yard. I've already removed 7 or 8 trees from back there. You couldn't even use 1/2 of the yard due to all the runaway growth. I'm gonna be replacing the fence the same time I am getting the woodchipper, so and not only to I need to remedy some erosion, but I have some trees growing up on the fence that will be coming down to prevent the new fence from being destroyed. We're almost done with the inside of the house, just a little more flooring and finishing touches. with a little luck, by spring the outside will be done too, and we can spend that year relaxing and getting ready to sell it, so we can do it all over again.

Not really, after this one I think if I suggested a "fixer upper" for the next house the wife would leave me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom