Wood chipper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, the trees were leaning on power poles, leaning over/on the house, and generating warnings from the city for growing into the right of way. They had to go. Also, you should have seen my yard when we took the house back from the renters. That first month I filled a 40 yard dumpster with tile from the kitchen and bathroom, the rest was trumpet vines and limbs/garbage from the back yard. I've already removed 7 or 8 trees from back there. You couldn't even use 1/2 of the yard due to all the runaway growth. I'm gonna be replacing the fence the same time I am getting the woodchipper, so and not only to I need to remedy some erosion, but I have some trees growing up on the fence that will be coming down to prevent the new fence from being destroyed. We're almost done with the inside of the house, just a little more flooring and finishing touches. with a little luck, by spring the outside will be done too, and we can spend that year relaxing and getting ready to sell it, so we can do it all over again.

Not really, after this one I think if I suggested a "fixer upper" for the next house the wife would leave me.
My last house was a Bungalow built in 1924. BTDT. I finished the remodel just in time to sell it and have the new owner rip everything out so it could be "open concept"

I do kinda want another when I drive by down town, but at the same time say never again

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really, after this one I think if I suggested a "fixer upper" for the next house the wife would leave me.
Wives hate you buying a fixer upper but they sure do love spending that money when it's sold/rented. They don't realize they're connected. You buy one, spend a winter fixing it up, and come spring you're magically richer to women for no reason at all.

My last one was NOT a fixer upper and the profit margins are...well, let's just say our monthly meetings for that house are often had at the kitchen table instead of a nice restaurant.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wives hate you buying a fixer upper but they sure do love spending that money when it's sold/rented. They don't realize they're connected. You buy one, spend a winter fixing it up, and come spring you're magically richer to women for no reason at all.

My last one was NOT a fixer upper and the profit margins are...well, let's just say our monthly meetings for that house are often had at the kitchen table instead of a nice restaurant.
She had purchased the house years ago before we met. Ended up renting the place out for a few years. She figured she wanted to live there again, clean things up and look at selling it eventually. We moved back thinking it was gonna be a paint/carpet/new bathroom kinda deal. Well, previous tenants (who lost jobs during Covid and my wife took rent out of their deposit instead of kicking them out) were POSes, and the property manager didn’t do his job either. House was completely trashed. 80% or more of the expenses involved with this has been out of my wife’s pocket. She has always known money invested/money earned was connected. I’ve told her that the profits from selling should go towards her retirement fund, but she now hates this house so much it’s all going toward making the next house happen asap.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
2in ain't worth it.

I would just rent one unless you have a total Permaculture homested. You will probable be able to finish that in a day if you rent one. In my experience they tend to do about 75% of the diameter that they claim.

Pretending you have trees in the pandhandle.
I saw a tree in the panhandle once. I believe it was blowing from Texas to Kansas.

Bravo1413

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had one but it's been awhile. Even though the opening was IIRC 6"-8",you had to trim the limbs off to feed anything at all through, figured if I'm going through with that trouble it'd be easier to burn.
Exactly my experience. I had one and after using it, it was just to much trouble. You can’t fit anything through it unless it Is trimmed to nothing but a stick. I burn now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom