Arizona State Representative Gabrielle Giffords Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep.

Contempt of the Constitution.
Contempt of the United States.
Contempt of States Rights.
Contempt of individual rights.
Contempt of morality.
Contempt of U.S. Sovereignty.
Contempt of the U.S. military.
Contempt of fiscal responsibility.
Contempt of McDonalds Happy Meals
Contempt of anything/anyone who disagrees.

Guess who....
:ooh2:

Touche!

I guess you all can ignore my post about there not being one...

SoonerATC

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If a liberal party (oh, excuse me, grass roots movement), regularly engaged in rhetoric that legitimized violence, then yes, they bear some responsibility.

What the hell are you talking about? What "rhetoric" from the Tea Party has legitimized violence?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The Tea Party movement allowed some very hateful hateful and often, racist, rhetoric in their name. You guys can equivocate and deny all you want, but that is the truth. That said, I don't believe the majority of Tea Partiers are either racist or hateful. I think many are politically unsophisticated, but genuinely are distressed by their perception of where the country is headed. Unfortunately, their "perception" has been manipulated for other people's agendas.

The problem with amped up rhetoric is that it creates an atmosphere where previously unacceptable behavior becomes OK. This is true for the Black Panther Party as it is the Tea Party.

did he just compare the tea party to the black panthers?

RWS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has such an atmosphere been created? I haven't seen such an atmosphere nor evidence of one.

Woody

it was created by the actions of the liberal democrats who created an atmosphere that lead to the creation of the tea party, whose actions created an atmosphere that lead to .....

come on people, he was a freakin nut. can't blame his actions on anyone but him.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you guys are so hilarious. You really are. Just because I disagree with a lot of the TP methods and rhetoric, I am a liberal. Just because I don't believe Obama is the Debil, I must love him him. Just because I don't want to bury land mines at the border and just because I support a PRAGMATIC solution to the immigration problem, I must be for open borders.

Ha ha. I am just as contemptuous of the Left and the "Hope and Change" crowd as I am the TP.

I just despise hypocrites who cloak themselves in self righteous indignation.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The sheriff pointed to the vitriolic political rhetoric that has consumed the country as he denounced the shooting that claimed several of his friends as victims, including U.S. District Judge John Roll. The judge celebrated Mass on Saturday morning like he does every day before stopping by to say hello to his good friend Giffords.

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," the sheriff said. "And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110109/ap_on_re_us/us_congresswoman_shot
Congrats. You just made my point for me.

The illegal immigration thing is huge down there. Just because someone wants the .fed to enforce the laws that the constitution requires doesn't mean anything more than that. Wanting your nation's laws enforced is not prejudice nor bigotry. So who's creating "the atmosphere" here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom