Armed robbery in Hobart, OK today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Apparently there was a armed robbery in Hobart, OK this evening. From what I understand from initial reports, a green Toyota Tundra Pickup pulled up in front of a small convienance store. The driver jumped out and went inside with a pistol to rob the store... while the passenger stayed outside covering their getaway with a high capacity AR / military style rifle.

I'm hoping that this kind of robbery doesn't catch on and become a fad. Now you don't only have to just watch out for waking in on a armed robbery in progress... you also have to scan the parking lot for a back-up shooter before entering the store. That is all you need.. to be open carrying and walk up on a situation like that.. and have the outside shooter see your gun and take you out without warning. I know situational awareness should be exercised all the time.. but times are really getting tuff... you just can't let your guard down any where at any time.

On a different crime note.. apparently there is a really sick sex perv working SW Oklahoma. In Altus, it has been reported several times that a white male with a military style haircut & driving a black Chevy P/U has been covering his tag with a bandana or t-shirt.. stripping naked and then exposing himself to women & kids in broad daylight. Just the other day, he jumped out on a woman walking down the street and wagged 'it' at her.

Seems like this old world is coming apart at the seams these days.

Last edited:

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, I am pretty familiar with Hobart, not much to take there. Just locals and some light other traffic. If I ever do decide to open carry and someone ever asks me why I carry a gun, my answer will be: "Do you ever watch the news?" Not to mention the recent "zombie" reports. The world is going to hell in a handbasket.

swoklagunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in Hobart. My dad was in the convenience store having coffee when the robbery occurred. He heard the commotion and thought it was a shoplifter. He said he heard that the green pickup was parked on the side of the store and that the robber walked up to the counter with a 6 pack of beer, then pulled a handgun. The woman in line behind him was trying to pay for a bottle of soda pop and the clerk told her "I just got robbed". She thought he was kidding.

This is the 3rd armed robbery in Hobart at the convenience stores in the last 6 months and the 2nd in a week. The last one at the same store that was robbed today...the same clerk. Last week, he was robbed while closing the store.

I've heard lots of rumors and speculation, but I'm waiting to hear the official story in the newspaper next week. I just hope local P.D. can catch these guys.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in Hobart. My dad was in the convenience store having coffee when the robbery occurred. He heard the commotion and thought it was a shoplifter. He said he heard that the green pickup was parked on the side of the store and that the robber walked up to the counter with a 6 pack of beer, then pulled a handgun. The woman in line behind him was trying to pay for a bottle of soda pop and the clerk told her "I just got robbed". She thought he was kidding.

This is the 3rd armed robbery in Hobart at the convenience stores in the last 6 months and the 2nd in a week. The last one at the same store that was robbed today...the same clerk. Last week, he was robbed while closing the store.

I've heard lots of rumors and speculation, but I'm waiting to hear the official story in the newspaper next week. I just hope local P.D. can catch these guys.

Lived in Lone Wolf and Hobart. Which store or where in Hobart?

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i guess we need to gather up a posse of concealed firearms owners and head to hobart for a cup of coffee 'bout closing time?

who's in?

You guys better bring your rifles, the get away had an ar. That's the scariest thing about this whole robbery to me atleast.

Latest posts

Top Bottom