Arms List.....beware ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never purchased anything from Arms List but I just saw something that I'm kinda interested in but it seems almost too good to be true.

The private seller is in the OKC area and according to him he has a brand new / unfired gun that he's asking $500.00 cash for that normally goes for around $750.00 + tax......it doesn't show the date he registered as a seller on AL but he does also have one other gun for sale and it also is priced considerably below retail.

The old saying is, "if it seems too good to be true it usually is"......stay clear and just walk away ?

Last edited:

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since he is close by I would jump on it, but before you plop the cash down, call the s/n into OKC police and see if it was listed as stolen. Then do a thorough check and see if it has any markings from being fired. Nothing ventured, nothing gained but also buyer beware.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought a number of things on AL, all well below the market.

I tend to ask a lot of questions about the history, etc, to see if they actually have "owned" the item, or might have just come into possession of it somehow.

I did walk away from one once, seller seemed too sketchy, and answers to questions didn't add up.

Most of the time it is just someone that is hurting for money.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reading the above replies I just sent the person a email saying that I was interested.......if it works out any volunteers to ride shotgun with me ? :)

shotgun.jpg

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cash and carry...meet at a well lit place if in the evening, with lots of people (I meet at "nicer" QT's alot)...bring a friend and always carry your sidearm.

I did a high dollar deal once and met in the police station parking lot. Went smooth as silk.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Calling police they will NOT tell you if the gun is stolen.. you must take the gun to them.
That is what i was told.
I get persons name and signature and date of sale price of item and item serial number.
Check Id for correct name when buying if they will let you.
Keep the e mails from the purchase. and keep the bill of sale. I would also get tag number of the vehicle if you meet up somewhere..That is all you got to go on you know.

It is not illegal to own a stolen gun if you assumed it was not stolen in the first place but if you are caught with a stolen gun you just need to have proof of where you got it.
You will have the stolen gun taken from you by the authorities and they will then go look for the guy you got it from if you have proof of a legal purchase. You will be out your money and gun though.

That is what i was told by the Law enforcement person I talked with.

Latest posts

Top Bottom