Armscor Rock Island M1911A2 Model 59002 10mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GET IT! GET IT! GET IT!
I have this same exact gun only in .40 and I love it. I use it in IPSC matches and it has never let me down. The mags are the same for the .40 and 10mm so all I need to convert over is a barrel and heavier spring. This gun when loaded is heavier than a normal 1911 so recoil will not be an issue, not that 10mm is as bad as people think it is. Honestly, a Beretta 92 with +P is way worse than my Witness 10 and full power loads. Anyway, back to the Rock Island, I highly recommend it. Very reliable, accurate, and mags are easily available through R.I.'s sister corp. Advanced Tactical, and they aren't expensive either.
https://advancedtactical.com/products/.40sw/ria-full-size-1911-a-2-magazine-high-cap-P16-40sw-10mm

I am super excited for this gun and cannot wait to get it eventually....

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and also serves nightstand duty
20160609_223317.jpg

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love it. I have put about 1000 rds through it with no issues whatsoever. Pros would be high capacity, great accuracy with a good trigger pull out of the box, all the controls easy to reach (for me anyway), all you need to convert to .40 is to buy a barrel. I really can't think of anything wrong with it. Cons are more due to what it is, not how it's made. It's big and heavy (a plus for recoil control) and if you have small hands it's not for you. The fiber optic insert in the front sight was very dull but was easily fixed with a new insert that came with my Springfield XD mod 2.

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love it. I have put about 1000 rds through it with no issues whatsoever. Pros would be high capacity, great accuracy with a good trigger pull out of the box, all the controls easy to reach (for me anyway), all you need to convert to .40 is to buy a barrel. I really can't think of anything wrong with it. Cons are more due to what it is, not how it's made. It's big and heavy (a plus for recoil control) and if you have small hands it's not for you. The fiber optic insert in the front sight was very dull but was easily fixed with a new insert that came with my Springfield XD mod 2.

Yea I have big palms but short stubby fingers.

D V US

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you were to get down to the OKC area I would let you try it out first. If you can find one at a dealer or the STI version that it copies you could at least see how it fits you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom