Armslist email of the decade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About 6 weeks ago, I listed one on Armslist. Got an email saying he would pay asking price, would I ship?
Said I would ship to FFL, on his dime. I would need a copy of his DL and the FFL.
He email the DL and FFL, saying " a client " was sending a cashier check for $1980.
Subtract cost of pistol, plus shipping and return CASH with the firearm.

I stopped all correspondence and filed report with PD and OSBI.

2 weeks later, I relisted. Get an email from different guy, wanting to purchase.
He asks if I ship?

Tell him, with DL and FFL.
He emails exact same FFL.
I do not respond.

3 days later, FedEx envelope with a for $3850 arrives. Different name on check. Note says, " cash check. Sent to " different name ". Subtract cost of gun, shipping, insurance and $50 (for my trouble). Send remainder on Wal-Mart gift card.

Back to PD and OSBI.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 6 weeks ago, I listed one on Armslist. Got an email saying he would pay asking price, would I ship?
Said I would ship to FFL, on his dime. I would need a copy of his DL and the FFL.
He email the DL and FFL, saying " a client " was sending a cashier check for $1980.
Subtract cost of pistol, plus shipping and return CASH with the firearm.

I stopped all correspondence and filed report with PD and OSBI.

2 weeks later, I relisted. Get an email from different guy, wanting to purchase.
He asks if I ship?

Tell him, with DL and FFL.
He emails exact same FFL.
I do not respond.

3 days later, FedEx envelope with a for $3850 arrives. Different name on check. Note says, " cash check. Sent to " different name ". Subtract cost of gun, shipping, insurance and $50 (for my trouble). Send remainder on Wal-Mart gift card.

Back to PD and OSBI.

I've had emails that came across the same. I told them I'll only meet face to face and that seems to stop them. And "Trashewn" emailed me again. I didn't reply.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had emails that came across the same. I told them I'll only meet face to face and that seems to stop them. And "Trashewn" emailed me again. I didn't reply.
That only stops them from contacting you. Which is a wanted outcome. I also, want them busted. They will contact some trusting soul and steal money and arms. Those arms end up on a crime scene and comes back to seller, causing a little or lot of grief. Plus, adds ammo to the anti agenda on private sales.
And, I HATE thieves.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've found armslist to be a double edged sword. I've sold some stuff on there with great luck. I have also had people that didn't meet for a sale (long drive, shot an evening) and one that said he had every intention of buying my rifle as his heritage drove his honesty. He then tried to short the deal and hasn't been heard from since. Blamed it on his kid stealing money from his wallet. So much for his upbringing. (His and his kid's). I'll put em up for sale again later, but it can be a hassle to sort out the chaff from the wheat.

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
upload_2019-4-13_17-13-24.jpeg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just stay away from Armpitlist entirely. I do deals from here with known members or just go to a LGS and buy it. I don't feel like getting shot in some parking lot or ending up with a handful of bogus money or whatever.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20190412_194552.jpg
20190412_194552.jpg

I have had good luck finding deal on Armslist.

Wish my luck was better with boats.

If your interested
Blackhawk 7 1/2" .30 Carbine

L to R
Blackhawk 4.62" .357mag
Blackhawk 4.62" 41mag
Blackhawk 4.62" ..44mag
Vaquero 4.62" .45 Colt with additional .45ACP cylinder

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats kind of like the email I got from an R. Weaver on the anniversary of ruby ridge, wanting me to sell a pistol to a resident of Arkansas. Obvious ATF troll is obvious.

At the big show last November I was selling a Glock 19. A guy playing really dumb didn’t haggle at all on my price and said he was an Oklahoma resident when I asked. Then he couldn’t prove it. Naturally I declined the deal. The guy then said “smart move” and walked off. That left a nasty aftertaste. My daughter was with me so it was a teachable moment on why I do things by the book and just how easily you can get into a mess of trouble if you don’t know the rules.

Last edited:

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At the big show last November I was selling a Glock 19. A guy playing really dumb didn’t haggle at all on my price and said he was an Oklahoma resident when I asked. Then he couldn’t prove it. Naturally I declined the deal. The guy then said “smart move” and walked off. That left a nasty aftertaste. My daughter was with me so it was a teachable moment on why I do things by the book and just how easily you can get into a mess of trouble if you don’t know the rules.

Could have been an ATF agent trying to sting you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom